Name of horror movie

Tools    

I remember it was definitely before 1998 and it took place either in a mansion/hotel/castle. A lot of different people were staying there from different parts of the world and/or X country. After a while it became clear the location was haunted.

I remember a guy opening a door into a room and there was a woman with full-on horror makeup sitting in a chair/throne style chair. I also remember they all decided to go outside and sit around a campfire when there was a black colored spirit looking shape floating around and someone tried to throw a rock at it but it went right through it.

I assume this movie is 80s-early 90s! It was also on TV when I watched it so it could also be a TV only movie.

The Haunting (1999)
Burnt Offerings (1976)
House on Haunted Hill (1999)
The Amityville Horror (1979)
the haunting (1963)
The Woman in Black (1989)

The movie you are describing sounds like "The Haunting of Morella," a horror film released in 1990. It takes place in a mansion and involves a haunted location where various characters from different backgrounds gather. The scenes you mentioned, such as the woman with horror makeup and the encounter with a black spirit-like shape, are consistent with this film.