Home Media Retailing recently reported the following.......

A spokesperson for the HD DVD Promotions Group Oct. 8 confirmed that a slide presentation by Universal Studios Japan at last weekend’s CEATAC confab incorrectly portrayed that Steven Spielberg titles would be coming to HD DVD.

The slide displayed forthcoming releases of Steven Spielberg-directed classics Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park, and Spielberg-produced movies Casper, Back to the Future and Babe as coming to HD DVD from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

In January, the HD DVD Promotions Group was forced to issue an apology to Universal and Spielberg when it inadvertently announced on its Web site the pending HD DVD releases of Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park.

In a statement from Universal, the studio said reports coming out of Japan relating to Steven Spielberg titles being released on HD DVD were inaccurate.

“Universal has not made any formal announcements regarding Spielberg catalog titles coming to HD DVD at this time,” the studio said.

Ok, my feelings about this. Although he is a very big supporter of Blu-Ray, he only has the ability choose HIS films.
What I am majorly looking at is the Back to the Future triliogy.

Basically it's not, like I said HIS film so he does not the right to decide whether it does or not get a HD-dVD release now or will get one. BTTF is a Robert Zemeckis film

It comes to the point to where I can't directors anymore...they seem to take their ego nd use it to their advantage.