Broke my wrist!!!

Tools    

Wouldn't tights be colder than pants in cold weather? I wouldn't know myself
Tights under a dress. Cozy.

Self-diagnosed tendinitis in my wrist now though neither my doctor or physical therapist would acknowledge this. (Noticing the tendency of doctors lately to “stay in their lane”.) It’s no big deal - a little burning & stinging of the tendons on the thumb side. Found the online diagnosis quite easily with many world-class hospitals (UConn, e.g.) illustrating the problem on their websites. Hopefully one day it will go away.

I think the days of house calls had some very positive aspects (aside from just being convenient for the patients). Doctors seemed much more decisive and definitive in their diagnoses, prescriptions and prognoses. I think this had a lot to do with the fact that they didn't want to have to come back multiple times!

But nowadays their typical diagnosis is "it could be this, that or any number of things" - for which they send you for tests and schedule follow up visits and often refer you to go see someone else before the next follow up. Whereas they used to not want to see you again on a house call they had to make, they now want you coming back to THEIR offices endlessly (not because they desire to see you again or sincerely want to work on getting you well, but to collect yet another insurance payment).

I think the days of house calls had some very positive aspects (aside from just being convenient for the patients). Doctors seemed much more decisive and definitive in their diagnoses, prescriptions and prognoses. I think this had a lot to do with the fact that they didn't want to have to come back multiple times!

But nowadays their typical diagnosis is "it could be this, that or any number of things" - for which they send you for tests and schedule follow up visits and often refer you to go see someone else before the next follow up. Whereas they used to not want to see you again on a house call they had to make, they now want you coming back to THEIR offices endlessly (not because they desire to see you again or sincerely want to work on getting you well, but to collect yet another insurance payment).
Exactly!!! That’s why I will decide when my PT will be finished. I have no intention of doing it forever. My orthopedist says my wrist is fully healed, no more X-rays, but let’s meet again in a month.

Amusing that the wordle word today is WRIST.

It’s so annoying that people think my wrist is fully healed because I no longer have a cast. Yes, casts are done & the bone is fully healed, but “torture therapy” is only just getting started. I still want attention & sympathy.