White boy trying to join a black rebellious group, ends up a killer

Tools    

EDIT: Title should be WHITE boy trying to join.... not a BLACK one.

Please help me find the following film! This is all I remember:

The lead is a black kid, late high school age trying to stay out of trouble. He is related/lives with other black guys who are sort of a "rebellious group" (not really a typical gang i dont think) but the lead guy is trying to stay out of it and finish school. During the movie you see him harrased by cops just because he is black.

Another kid, a white low IQ kid, thinks the black group guys are "cool" and wants to join them and participate in their crimes or whatever. The group finds him ridiculous and are just messing with him, saying "do this and you'll join" but he never joins. (can't remember what he has to do exactly)

At some point in the movie, the low IQ white kid and lead black guy are in a car together and the white kid has a gun, and ends up killing a person (i think) and now ofcourse the black guy is an accomplice (or something like that) and his life is ruined.

Time is contemporary and the movie can't be very old, I'd say between eary 2000's to 2015, but thats just a guess. It plays out somewhere in the US. The movie title might have numbers in it (not sure).

Please help!

I wanted to edit the title, but the website won't let me. Title of the post should be : WHITE boy (not black boy) trying to join a black rebellious group, ends up a killer

Oh my god found it! 96 Minutes!!! I'm not sure how to set the post title to 'answered'...

Oh my god found it! 96 Minutes!!! I'm not sure how to set the post title to 'answered'...
There's a link at the top of the page, right by the title. I'll get it. Glad you found it.

This is intriguing so I'm going to add it to my watch list.