Reviews by Billiam

→ in
Tools    

First movie: Pulp Fiction (1994)

I saw this movie for the first time the other day, and it is one of the greatest movie I ever saw.

This film is about four stories in LA about two hitmen and their connections with everybody around them. Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta play the hitmen and are probably their best performace in a movie, in my opinion. Ving Ramones plays their boss who want them to get rid of Butch Coolige, played Bruce Willis.

Uma Truman plays the wife of the boss, whom has the scarest scene in the movie, where she was sniffing cocaine and being to ODed. Probably her best peformace in a movie besides the Kill Bill movies.

Another scene I liked was the Jackrabbit Contest with Truman and Travolta where they danced. Good stuff.

There is one I find creepy, which is the male rape scene. Just wrong and disgusting.

The rest of the movie was great.

I rate this movie 9/10.

Good movie. Nice to see you finally saw it . Just one thing, it was heroin that she ODed n almost died on, not cocaine.
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

Originally Posted by NapalmInTheMorning
Good movie. Nice to see you finally saw it . Just one thing, it was heroin that she ODed n almost died on, not cocaine.
My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Harold and Maude (1971)

A story about a young suidical man who enjoys going to funerals with people he don't know and a life-lover old lady who steals cars for no reason, and the young man fell in love with the old lady (Eeeekk!) but is stopped by his mother and Uncle Victor whom has no left arm. So the young man's mother settles the dates for him while he can just think the old lady and life.

Bud Cort plays the young suidical man and Ruth Gordon plays the elder lady. One of the best movie I ever saw. So underrated.

9/10

Crappy movie, Dan should never direct another movie ever again.

It starts out as a road trip, when the driver (Chevy Chase) got arrested for speeding and is brought to the Judge's house.

Lame, lame movie. Don't see it. Monkeys can make a better movie than that.

2/10.

Mallrats is the first Kevin Smith movie I ever saw, so I didn't know what to expect.

The story starts out as two guys got dumped by their girlfriends, so they go to a local hang-out: a mall.

There were some colorful people, like William for example, who spent his time staring a hidden picture, upset that he can't find it.

Another one is Jay, and his good friend, Silent Bob, who were crazy as hell. Return of the Jedi- yeah right.

At the end, the two guys got their girls and yeah...

Okay flick.

5/10

The French Connection was better than I expected.

Gene Hackman gives a great performance as 'Popeye' who is a foul mouthed cop and his mission is stop a Drug Lord who was so twisted.

The best of the movie is, of course, the train chase. So much action and trills. Very well done.

9/10

On the Waterfront is great movie. Seriously.

It stars the late Marlon Brando as a man who is a former boxer under watch because he saw somebody get killed, but won't admit it because he would lose his job and his respect.

One of the best movies I ever saw.

10/10.

Rock-n-Roll hoochie koo
Looks old, way before my time. =)

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Originally Posted by Bill

On the Waterfront is great movie. Seriously.

It stars the late Marlon Brando as a man who is a former boxer under watch because he saw somebody get killed, but won't admit it because he would lose his job and his respect.

One of the best movies I ever saw.

10/10.
Oh, I'm sorry. The correct answer is Marty.

Name that movie

Never seen On The Waterfront

"Not Marty, Dan...."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

This movie is about two ice skating rivals, (Will Ferrall, Jon Hender) who get banned
from entering solo competitions for fighting and beating each other up. They get an idea
to enter themselves into a pair competition so they can make a comeback.

This movie had some funny moments, but it's not that great. It has some flaws and some moments was too
strange.

6/10

Fargo is a comedy directed by the Coen Brothers (Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski) and the story is about a car saleman(Oscar nominated William H. Macy) who pays two guys to kidnap his wife and a pregnant police officer (Frances Mcdormand in her Oscar winning role) who trys to figure out the murders in Brainerd amd the kidnapping.

This movie well directed by the Coen Brothers with a great screenplay by Ethan and Joel Coen, a great cast, perfect acting, all in one dark comedy movie.

8/10

I loved Fargo.

Bill are these movies that you are just seeing for the first time before you write your review or are they recently watched films you may or may not have seen before?