Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

It’s about a class-action suit in a small town in Canada after a school bus crash. A philosophical and all-encompassing film.

So far, I think it’s phenomenal. I do like Egoyan (especially Exotica), and the parts he gives to his wife are always quite nuanced and interesting.
How strange. I do believe I might have seen this.

In fact, I did see it. Put it in Letterboxd so I can watch it again.

Good gang involved, and this feels very Hitchcockian.

Not at all what I expected, and subtle! Loved it. Such a great score.

As these sort of movies go, this one is really damn good. It's Them!, in which giant mutant ants ravage a little dusty town. The army comes to the rescue. It features pre-Gunsmoke James Arness, Edmund Gwynn (not as Kris Kringle) and James Arness (not being Matt Dillon), playing it completely straight. It's really pretty good, a 1954 black and white, low budget big-bug movie.

That's some bad hat, Harry.
The Boogeyman (2023) - I've got a lot of time for director Rob Savage after the terrific Zoom video call based horror Host, but this was rubbish.

Can’t believe this exists.

And it’s pretty good, too. What occurs.
I won’t watch anything with Depardieu in it. Cannot stand him or Maigret movies.

I won’t watch anything with Depardieu in it. Cannot stand him or Maigret movies.
I definitely watched it out of sheer surprise that it existed. It wasn’t awful but by no means good either. Spoke too soon. Both my parents love the Maigret stuff so I gave in.

I Trapped the Devil.

I'm in the middle of my holiday horror binging.

That's some bad hat, Harry.
The Equalizer II.

Love Denzel Washington in this role. Still lots to like. But not a patch on the first film.