RIP Ernest Borgnine

Tools    

&feature=related

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
RIP Borgnine.

Really liked his acting in Marty and From Here to Eternity. I wish more people liked movies like Marty these days.

Semper Fooey
The only way they would make Marty these days if he was a serial killer.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I grew up watching "McHale's Navy" on TV, so that's where I first saw Ernest Borgnine. He was in a lot of classics in the '50s besides Marty and From Here to Eternity. I love The Catered Affair, and my best friend and I love to talk about the screen door scene in Bad Day at Black Rock. One of the first movies I ever saw at the drive-in was The Vikings and he was in a lot of westerns in the '50s too. Later on, he was in the ensemble thriller The Flight of the Phoenix, the infamous-turned-watershed The Wild Bunch, the massively-popular The Dirty Dozen and The Poseidon Adventure, and then he gave a particularly gleefully-sadistic performance opposite Lee Marvin (again) and Keith Carradine in The Emperor of the North. He kept working throughout his life right up to the end, even if he only occasionally was in anything especially worthwhile, but sometimes it was a cute in-joke, such as when he voiced a tough guy toy in Small Soldiers.

R.I.P., Ernie

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
R.I.P Ernest. I always liked the guy, in "McHale's Navy" and The Wild Bunch.

RIP...Loved him in "Jesus of Nazareth" and "Demetrius and the Gladiators."

Good ol' Ernest ... what a career he had. He was a part of my cinema diet for 4 decades. My most memorable roles of his were:

General Worden from "Dirty Dozen" & Cabbie from "Escape from New York".