Heyah! My 50 favourite films! (no countdown)

→ in
Tools    

Very nice. Have you seen F for Fake? Based on your other choices I think you might like it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Nice to see T2, Lord Of The Rings & 2001. Nice list.

Not a bad list, although Wings of Desire as a top 50 film?

Interesting list, maybe I am not as mature in my tastes, but I don't know 2/3rds of your list.....

I can say that having only one James Cameron movie and no Spielberg doesn't seem right!

I can say that having only one James Cameron movie and no Spielberg doesn't seem right!
I count two by Cameron (Alien and T2: Judgement Day).

My favorites on your list are Lawrence of Arabia, Rear Window and Seven Samurai.

I want to see Army of Shadows. How do you like Le Cercle Rouge?

I want to see Army of Shadows. How do you like Le Cercle Rouge?
Le Cercle Rouge is a great film. But my favourite Melville pic is Army of Shadows, it's slightly better than Le Samourai too.

I've only seen Le Cercle Rouge and Le Samourai so far. I like both but of the two I far prefer the former. I'll check out Army of Shadows next.

I clearly have not been as taken with 'Come and See' as everyone else.

Anyone can make an anti-war film by shocking the audience with atrocities. The problem is we aren't given any room to think. Just feel.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Why ? It's a splendid film. My favourite film from Wenders. Paris,Texas was good but overall it lacks the human touch to it.
Welcome to the site.

I like Paris, Texas... in fact I love it. I couldn't really get into Wings of Desire a whole lot. What human touch is absent in Paris, Texas?

I'd argue the opposite because Wings of Desire feels more of an art film, that focuses on an idea rather than building concrete and humanistic characters.

The relationship in Paris Texas between the two brothers is spectacular. The moment toward the end in the sex booth is spectacular when he apologizes to his young x-wife the only way he knows how. He's connected to her, but also disconnected because he's ashamed of himself.

I guess I don't understand the comment that Paris, Texas lacks a human touch to it. Whatever in the world does that mean?

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Also, I hate to be rude, but I see on your profile it says you're 17. Not that I doubt you or anything... OK maybe I do...

It looks like you got a bunch of films off of the Sight and Sound list, or simply checked them off of some silly required viewing list.

I call BS. Of course I could be wrong, and if I am I apologize, but I don't think I am wrong.