Elvis or the Beatles: The Age old question....

Tools    

Elvis or the Beatles: The Age old question....
18.18%
2 votes
Elvis
81.82%
9 votes
The Beatles
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Okay, it's Poll time, children! The great pop culture genius Quentin Tarantino one put forth the idea that there are Elvis People and there are Beatles people, and while Elvis people can like the Beatles, and Beatles people can like Elvis, nobody can like them both equally. I'll admit, I'm a Beatles person, myself, but I'm getting converted to the ways of Elvis Presley as of late. So pick a side, already!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Just like Boogie in Diner, when faced with such an either/or question, the answer for me is:
The Stones

But if I HAVE to pick betwen those two, definitely The Beatles. Not even close, really.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Nobody likes Elvis? He is a sad King of Rock and Roll. Andy Kaufman would be disappointed in us all. (He's what got me listening to Elvis in the first place...)

Oh, and I also like the Stones, but nothing after the 1970's. Their new stuff is arena rock garbage. Exile on Mainstreet and Beggars Banquet are my favorite Stones records.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
While I can't really side with either cause I am impartial to both simply because I don't know enough of either's music to really pick one. Sad isn't it?

I would have to say that I am more of an Elvis fan though. So there you go, Monkey, you now have an Elvis fan.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by spudracer
So there you go, Monkey, you now have an Elvis fan.
Make that two. I am an Elvis person.

He is the King of Rock 'n Roll. An icon. He was a hunka hunka burnin' love. He gyrated his hips seductively. He wore sexy, stylish sunglasses. He did the erotic jailhouse rock. He had a killer deep country boy voice. He dyed his hair b**chin' black. He gave a great performance in Hawaii. He was in the army. He made movies. He did drugs. He didn't stop performing even when he got fat. And he died on the throne.

He even made his own paradise -- GRACELAND. You know, maybe I should go there this summer. That'd be a nice vacation...

So, yeah, I am an Elvis person. He is the King!

*starts doing the jailhouse rock*

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Jason
He is the King of Rock 'n Roll. An icon. He was a hunka hunka burnin' love. He gyrated his hips seductively. He wore sexy, stylish sunglasses. He did the erotic jailhouse rock. He had a killer deep country boy voice. He dyed his hair b**chin' black. He gave a great performance in Hawaii. He was in the army. He made movies. He did drugs...
That's not why I like him though.