best christmas movie

Tools    

love peace and chicken grease
I just wanted to know what you guys think is the best Christmas movie. For me it would be A Christmas Story.
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

santa clause the movie!

Gee, I wonder if we've ever had threads on such a topic?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Gee, I wonder if we've ever had threads on such a topic?
Then don't comment, learn to leave s*** alone k? Check the post count and apply a small measure of self restraint. Maybe a more delicate PM perhaps? Y'know these kind of posts are the ones that make me go away for an extended period of time. Confident in your knowledge is one thing, cocky condescension like this makes me downright livid.

Anyway, A Christmas Story would be my personal fave.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

Miracle on 34th Street, of course!

Wasn't Gremlins set around the Christmas season?

My Yahoo! Movies page.

My Yahoo! Launch radio station.

Originally Posted by matthews_world
Miracle on 34th Street, of course!

Wasn't Gremlins set around the Christmas season?
Yep.

No doubt in my mind -- "It's a Wonderful Life."

The greatest Christmas movie ever. Hands down.

You know, I don't think I've ever liked a Christmas movie besides A Christmas Story. But there's Unaccompanied Minors coming out this year, which I'm sorta intrigued by because it has Lewis Black and Rob Corddry.

Definately A Christmas Story, it's one of the reasons I look forward to December every year.

Originally Posted by Dark Party
No doubt in my mind -- "It's a Wonderful Life."

The greatest Christmas movie ever. Hands down.

To anyone, don't let Pikey scare you off he may appear to be a s**t .........get to know him he is very, very, very knowledgeable, read some of His threads, then you will understand ........................... He's also still a s**t at times

home alone 1. watch this movie when i was a kid... funny movie and i love kevin!! heheheh

Black Christmas!!!!

ok, if I couldn't pick a horror x-mas flick...then...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

"If I woke up tomorrow with my face sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised then I am right now..."

Horrorphiliac

Every breath you take, watching you
Originally Posted by nebbit
To anyone, don't let Pikey scare you off he may appear to be a s**t .........get to know him he is very, very, very knowledgeable, read some of His threads, then you will understand ........................... He's also still a s**t at times

Yeah, I think it's that he knows his s**t & wants other people to get their s**t together before starting another s**ty thread - "use the search" is his message.

Probably my fave would be It's a Wonderful Life. Jimmy Stewart is just too likable & although the movie was blasted upon release for being too syrupy, I think viewed through nostalgic eyes it works these days.

but he's right, nevertheless...there have been numerous threads on this before..i should know, i started one of them...besides nebbit is right..once you get to know him he's not bad a person at all...and he's full of wonderful advice and knowledge...not to mention some great in depth reviews...

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Othelo
Then don't comment, learn to leave s*** alone k? Check the post count and apply a small measure of self restraint. Maybe a more delicate PM perhaps? Y'know these kind of posts are the ones that make me go away for an extended period of time. Confident in your knowledge is one thing, cocky condescension like this makes me downright livid.

Anyway, A Christmas Story would be my personal fave.
These kind of posts are the ones that make me go away for an extended period of time.

Best Christmas Movie...

How hard is it to hit the search button and come up with the exact same title?

How about these for an example?

10 worst films ever created

Top 10 Worst Movies of All Time

What is the worst Movie of all time?

The Worst Movie of All Time

Worst Movie Ever....

Originally Posted by Loner
These kind of posts are the ones that make me go away for an extended period of time.

Best Christmas Movie...

How hard is it to hit the search button and come up with the exact same title?

How about these for an example?

10 worst films ever created

Top 10 Worst Movies of All Time

What is the worst Movie of all time?

The Worst Movie of All Time

Worst Movie Ever....
Just to make myself clear here and then let it go. I had no issue with the "message" it was the method that made me angry. There is no need, regardless of ones expertise, to be nasty. To be nasty in a backhanded and dismissive way is insulting and there isn't room for insults here, we are here to discuss movies and their impact on our lives, not to tear each other down in a game of oneupsmanship.

People make mistakes, sometimes it is just not plausible to "use the search" especially if you are still learning the ropes.

"be kind, rewind" How bout just "be kind?"

Anyway I'm not going to drag this out further, I have no need in my life for some Internet message boards battle, I have enough of that in my real life. One suggestion, we do have mods no? Why not let the mods police these issues? I understand the nature of being self-policing but when the cops wield big sticks while stating the law as a sidebar, the law doesn't come through, only the blows.

rhymes with Goebbels
christmas story

I would say the best movie for me is The grinch. It always seems to put me in the mood for the holdays

i think that, by far, "a christmas story" is the one and truly all-time classic