Your favourite movie that doesn't get enough attention

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/mrmin...erve-a-cookie/
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

thoughts on the 07 version?

I'm lloking for some lesser known gems I can add to my "watch list". Hit me with em'.
Great question.

I think in general Dune (1984) is very undervalued.

I think in general Dune (1984) is very undervalued.
I think it has the problem that its neither Lynchian enough for his fans nore close enough to the book for Herbert fans.

Its perhaps declined a bit in my estimations over the years as I'v been exposed to more of both of those things but growing up it I do remember really enjoying it as the first truly oddball cinema I was exposed to.

It will actually be interesting to see whether the talked about potential new version takes any cues from Lynch's, I wouldn't be surprised if it has some design influence.

I think it has the problem that its neither Lynchian enough for his fans nore close enough to the book for Herbert fans.

Its perhaps declined a bit in my estimations over the years as I'v been exposed to more of both of those things but growing up it I do remember really enjoying it as the first truly oddball cinema I was exposed to.

It will actually be interesting to see whether the talked about potential new version takes any cues from Lynch's, I wouldn't be surprised if it has some design influence.
Yeah, an amount of crossover with the design is unavoidable really. Arrakis in the 2000 miniseries wasn't that far removed from the film, which isn't to say I think it took any cues from it, just from desert-based cultures. The differences elsewhere were pronounced but the one constant was extremely impressive set design – the Emperor's palace in the miniseries is outstanding. I love the design in the film though because it really emphasises the absence of computers and everything requiring a human operator.