23.08%
3 votes
Pretty Close
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Minority Report

The Bourne Identity

Pretty close

duh. obviously Minority Report.

of course, i haven't seen the other one yet.

Well, that's hardly fair, then. Now, even when you do see it, it might not matter...as you seem to have your mind made up. Anyway, I can't choose between the two. Neither stands out, for me, as being obviously more entertaining.

oh, bah humbug. If The Bourne Identity is half as cool as Minority Report, I'd be satisfied. A friend told me that The Bourne Identity punishes Minority Report, so maybe i'm wrong. hopefully i am, since i might see it later.

Gotta give The Bourne Identity some credit. The lead character's name is JASON, the name of the master of our universe.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Originally posted by Jason
Gotta give The Bourne Identity some credit. The lead character's name is JASON, the name of the master of our universe.
Gotta agree with that statement. But which Jason?

I saw both of these flicks and, while The Bourne Identity wasn't horrible, it doesn't match wits with Minority Report. Bourne had a few too many plot holes in it to compete with Minority... but Matt Damon did have some kick ass moves in that flick.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

hey jason you still have a crush on me.....

the funny thing about these 2 movies is that even thought they had totally different plots and settings, they were basically the same movie. Both cops running from the system they work for, and they dont really know why (Jason has Amnesia, John doesnt even know who he is trying to kill). These were basically the same movie, only MINORITY REPORT (it looks cooler capitalised) was a lot better than the bourne identity. But see both, see them both.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

A novel adaptation.
This ones pretty easy, because Minority Report was actually good, whereas, halfway through the Bourne Identity I was forced to blind myself with red hot pokers. here are some inherent problems with the Bourne Identity:

If you go to Europe, not everyone answers their phones in english.

Sometimes, movies actually need scripts, as opposed to Franka Potente's (loved her in Run Lola Run, though), and Mattt Damon's seemingly improvised, or just horribly written dialogue.

(most) European cars have steering wheels on the right side, Franka Potente's car had one on the left, and looked to be the only car in the movie with a steering wheel on the left.

The last one is kind of "nit-picky" but keep in mind that these only scratch the surface.

I will admit that Minority Report had one gigantic plothole -they never explained how The cheif of Pre-cog set up the murder so that the Pre-cogs would predict it- (the premise of this movie makes that impossible), but still, at least it looked fantastic. And I'll take the ridiculously complex, and well choreographed fight scenes in Minority Report, than some sped up shots of matt damon slap fighting a villain anyday.

If you go to Europe, not everyone answers their phones in english.
I don't recall it coming up all that often.

Sometimes, movies actually need scripts, as opposed to Franka Potente's (loved her in Run Lola Run, though), and Mattt Damon's seemingly improvised, or just horribly written dialogue.
I liked it...it was simple and very "real" feeling. Movie dialogue isn't usually all that realistic anyway...it may be more entertaining at times, but in real life people are far from eloquent.

A novel adaptation.
I'll agree that their down-to-earth dialogue was refreshing at first, but you can only have so many minutes of silence between two people, without it being something I dread having to watch.