Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

→ in
Tools    

WARNING: "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" spoilers below
I somewhat agree. I also have it in my head that maybe...JUST maybe...Anakin hurts Padme in some way. I can see that happening...he doesn't handle disagreement very well, for one. Maybe I'm way off...but yeah, she's gonna (gulp) die at some point...just a question of whether or not Anakin'll mess up somehow (hurt her accidently, lose control, etc), or if someone else harming her will push him over the edge (fairly likely, IMO).

Anyway, regardless, Yoda DID fight...so all is well. D

Now With Moveable Parts
WARNING: "AOTC" spoilers below
Hmmm...interesting. I didn't see that he would do something to her, I saw it more of like when Padme fell out of the space-thingie, and Anakin wanted to go back for her...and Ewan wouldn't let him; I see it being something that would make him "hate" the Jedi's and their "by the book" ways, or something...
Yoda DID fight, and I was giggling with excitement the whole time. I hated that the mean Jedi guy wasn't more intimidated by Yoda; but that might have been that arrogance Yoda spoke about, especially with the Dark Side.

6! I'm a Princess! Leia that is, hahaha!

I got a four.

I am Grand Moff Tarkin.
I exterminated billions of souls, apparently.

Pretty accurate.

Originally posted by sunfrog
Huh? What's a U?
A "U" is a British film rating. It means Universal and is the lowest rating a film could actually get. Basically means that there is nothing violent or offensive in the film. I believe there is also a Uc rating now which is "Universal especially for children." Not entirely sure what the US equivalent is. A G perhaps?

Im a 4 on the Forceometer. Grand Moff Tarkin.

Bit disturbed about the text and people having seen my "Grand Moff!" Or am i reading innuendo into something that isnt there? I'll let you decide:

"You are the dark side's bureaucrat, a bloodless executive who gives the order to exterminate billions of souls. You have murdered everyone who has seen your "Grand Moff," although it is less hairy than it was in its prime."

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by filmfreak

"You are the dark side's bureaucrat, a bloodless executive who gives the order to exterminate billions of souls. You have murdered everyone who has seen your "Grand Moff," although it is less hairy than it was in its prime."

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by greppin
Did anyone catch that lame anti-smoking thing

"Hey wanna buy death sticks?"
Oh yeah, and wasn't the guy selling them, that kid from The Matrix that created the "woman in the red dress?"

Now With Moveable Parts
I knew it. That's one cool kid.

Okay, took the quiz : I'm Mace Windu,"...a supreme bad-ass Jedi who resonates with the force. Yoda is your best mate."
Coolness.

I got an 8. Luke Skywalker. Wonky face and all.

Whad'you know?
Mace Windu lines:

10. You dont need to see my godd*mn identification, cause these aint the motherf*ckin droids youre looking for.

9. Womp rat may taste like Pumpkin pie, but I'll never know, cause even if it did I wouldnt eat the filthy motherf*cker.

8.This is your fathers lightsaber. When you absolutely,positively, have to kill every motherf*ckin stormtrooper in the room, accept no substitutes.

7. If Obi Wan aint home, I dont know what the f*ck were gonna do. I aint got no other connections on Tatooine.

6. Feel the force, Motherf*cker.

5. What aint no planet I ever heard of. Do they speak Bocce on what?

4. You sending the Fett? sh*t, Hutt, thats all you had to say!

3. Yeah Chewie Rocky Horrors got a hair problem. Whats a brother gonna do, hes a Wookie.

2. Does Yoda look like a b*tch?

1. Hand me my Lightsaber. Its the one that says 'bad motherf*cker'.

Sorry if you find it offensive, but

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Gigolo Joe
Mace Windu lines:

1. Hand me my Lightsaber. Its the one that says 'bad motherf*cker'.

Sorry if you find it offensive, but
Awww...those were worth the five seconds it took to read 'em.

The one I quoted, I actually said in the theater...it's the obvious choice.

Mace Windu lines:
Those were funny as sh*t, Joe!

Okay, took the quiz : I'm Mace Windu,"...a supreme bad-ass Jedi who resonates with the force. Yoda is your best mate."
Me, too--Sades, we are the baddest muthaf*ckas in the universe!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

Me, too--Sades, we are the baddest muthaf*ckas in the universe!
Here! Here!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
OK I'm writing this without reading all the posts simply because there's too many so if you've already had excessive arguments about something, just crucify me.

In one word I'd sum this film up as: ugh!

I have a problem with this film as I have with most of the ones I've seen recently. CGI. I can't stand it. Especially if it's as shoddy as it was here. For Christ’s sake he slices the pear, and Natalie Portman doesn't even look like she's biting into it. I hate how crispy everything looks, it's just absolute ****e, it's not eye-candy, it doesn't look spectacular it looks and feels tacky, but worst of all, the transition between CGI and set pieces is too blatant, and sometimes it's so tackily filmed it almost feels like you're in the studio. The end battle reminded me of Starship Troopers no end... as a matter of fact I began to wish I was watching it

Why all the praise for Samuel l Jackson? Am I missing something? I think he had a total of 10-12 minutes on screen presence which went practically unnoticed.

Any scene with Natalie Portman and Hayden "I'm crap at acting" Christensen were gut-wrenchingly bad they made sunset beach look like quality programming. Don't try and kid me with this romance bollocks there was nothing going on at any point in time, no chemistry between the actors (not like lukey boy would care) no signs of any love, the puns of Anakin turning to the dark side were dire, I shan't comment on his teenage angst (Mary Lo summed it up quite adequately ) his mother dying made the entire audience crack up, the entire thing was a pile of rancid sh*t. (ok i'm getting a little too passionate, it was bog standard crap)

So besides the crap acting, crap dialogue and close to crap action what's any good? The music captures the mood wonderfully, so even if you close your eyes at the on screen you can still feel the tension at the right times

Oh, and no doubt about it, Yoda was f***ing cool. A nod should also go to the pokies during the final scenes which is as much eye candy as you're going to get from that film

There seems to be this thing going on where if it's star wars it's a good film before it's made, the hype is also ridiculous because it makes you expect a half decent film... I genuinely don't understand any of this "phenomenom" and wtf was with the fricken hairstyles, I'm sure the ponytail and the braid made Anakin feel like a right nonce, which obviously had a detrimental affect on his acting capabilities, whereas if he was allowed to sport a hairstyle as natural as Mr.McGregor's, then he would have pulled off a better performance

If it were a "good film before it's made," then I doubt people would have been so harsh wish Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. Fact is I think this is hailed as a good film because, well, it's a good film. I found the overwhelming majority of the CGI work to fit in very nicely. There was a LOT of CGI here, bud. Tons. I think some of it was good enough that it wasn't criticized or praised, because you weren't aware it was CGI in the first place.

I found the look and the feel of the movie to be spectacular. I don't want realism. I want realistic, but slightly cartoonish. That's what we got, IMO.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
If it were a "good film before it's made," then I doubt people would have been so harsh wish Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. Fact is I think this is hailed as a good film because, well, it's a good film.
Over here a phantom menace was critisezed but was still given good reviews and as one stale reviewer noted "you have to see it because it's star wars. Same mag this year said something along the lines of "we gave 4 stars out of 5 for phantom menace so we're obliged to give ATOC 5 stars this time round" Ugh how pathetic

I found the overwhelming majority of the CGI work to fit in very nicely. There was a LOT of CGI here, bud. Tons. I think some of it was good enough that it wasn't criticized or praised, because you weren't aware it was CGI in the first place.
The CGI stood out for me, it was just so incredibly blatant it didn't mix in at all... the best examples of the most obvious being any scene with a flying gizmo in... for instance, Obiwan is strolling around the asteroid belt you see his shop from a far, looks and feels like CGI, zoom into R2 and... oh no it's obviously a pile of cardboard crap we got from costcutters.

Noteworthy point - I don't think I'm meant to fall under the "target audience." This film was not made to be enjoyed for people like me. I don't want realism either, I want to be absorbed by it, I don't want to be able to picture the camera movements and spot the lighting.

Now With Moveable Parts
Okay, with all that you've said, Fezzie...and I agree with most of it; It's still fun.

#1. I was really upset that Yoda was CGI. When we first see Yoda, in the old movies...he's a muppet; he's tangible. That's why I fell in love with him. He was so little and cute, I wanted to squish him. Now, he's just this image. Yeah, he has better facial expressions and whatever...but except for the fight scenes, he should have still been a muppet.

#2. The threat: I don't like the CGI monsters and aliens, either. Part of what made the first movies kinda scary when you were a kid, was all the sick looking aliens and monsters...like Jaba the Hutt and that weird thing in the sand that almost ate Han Solo...it was scary because it looked real. Those things in the arena; in AOTC, didn't even worry me. They were so obviously computer animated.

However,
Despite everything, it's still fun to watch. I don't really hold these movies to the same standards of all the rest of the movies. I know that sounds really unfair, but c'mon...it is the Star Wars series, Fezzie...

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
My mission is to spread the truth so I don't have to put up with another blasted marketing campaign and newspaper stories of morons waiting 35 days in line to get the first showing of a film which is just like every other.

The series is not as good as it should be, it's just a Lucas Money Garuntee package, along with the PC Games and all the toys, mugs, lunchboxes and all the other merchandise...

In terms of it being fun hype yourself up to hiking in scotland for long enough and you could very well enjoy yourself We had a laugh at the film, but we also laugh at films like Bad Taste. But Bad Taste didn't take itself seriously...

I don't care if Lucas is making tons off of merchandising. What's it matter, movie-wise? I'm happy for the guy. People want to buy the action figures, so he sells them. God Bless him for it. I'm more concerned with the movie, and with Lucas making money, so that he'll keep making the movies he makes. So far, I like the movies (yes, both of them), and he's making buttloads of money. I'm happy.