Metropolis (Animated film)

→ in
Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just saw the Japanese film Metropolis, and I'm in complete awe! This is the single best animated film in the past ten or so years. It makes Disney look like the animation in South Park, and the story is a real mind-bender. It has nothing to do with the old silent Fritz Lang movie, though.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I was led to believe it was Osamu Tezuka's interpretation of Fritz Lang's film. Oh well.

Its showing at my local cinema next week, i'll definitely go see it.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
um, it's available on video tape is all i've seen of it. I'm afraid to get it. i saw the previews for it ... it's so ... non traditional anime. i don't know how i feel about that.

The film is available on DVD too. Seen this review on Cinescape. It gets an A+ grade!

If I enjoy it next week I will probably buy it. Ive been getting into japanese animation again.

Apologies for the double post but i saw this over the weekend at the cinema. Although I'll only give it a B+ ive got to say WOW! This was one of the most impressive looking pieces of animation i have ever seen. It was completely breath taking. You were right to make the Disney/South Park comparison, Monkeypunch.

The sheer scale of the metropolis was incredible and it all looked so real. The actual characters were fairly traditional but the backgrounds and airships etc were a mixture between trad animation and CG. It worked so well.

The story was a fairly typical confusing japanese animation tale but it was still very enjoyable. See this if you can.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Would you say that it would be alright to buy before watching it?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

To be honest i would be wary with all anime as some of them can be very confusing and therefore limit the enjoyment factor. The Japanese just tell stories in a different way to western film makers.

If you are an anime/manga fan then yes, go buy it. If not watch it first. Im going to buy it next week when i get paid.

Dont have at go at me if you dont enjoy it though!