Undercover Brother

→ in
Tools    

The guilty pleasure of the year. Makes fun of every white and black stereotype known to man, and has a kickass soundtrack. I laughed my ass off.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Undercover Brother ranks up there with spoofers that get two rungs away from reaching the plateau of such masterpieces as: Airplane! and The Naked Gun and do fine where they're at.

Eddie Griffin, whose known for his comedic roles, doesn't fail in providing laughter.

Chris Kattan, doesn't fail as well, but his character could've done so much more if they would have opened it up a little.

It's worth a look if you're looking for a laugh or need a break from some of the "serious" movies out lately. Not once does Undercover Brother take itself seriously, and that's what saves it from disaster. There are a ton, and I mean a ton, of racial jokes thrown in, but it's all taken in good fun.

I'd classify this as Austin Powers with soul.

3 outta 5
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

This was a great movie, it had good themes and lots of the funny!
ChrisKattan was very good. Some of the jokes were too stupid, but all in all it was good. The best comedy in a while.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

You all serious? I havent yet seen this film, but thats by choice. I didnt think it looked all that great, just kind of another "The Ladies Man" but with more attitude.

The only big shocker thats ive heard so far is that Chris Kattan is actually good in the movie. I must admit i liked him in Night At The Roxbury, but after seein Corky Ramono ive kinda lost all sympathy for this guy. He should stick with SNL and be happy.

But if you say its worth a look, maybe i should crack open the ol' wallet and check this one out. I know that if i dont like the movie I can at least fall back on the assurance that seeing 2 hours or whatever is, of Denise Richards wont keep me bored.

I'll probably see it this week sometime, a slow weeknight after work.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Morbida
Hell I never even heard of it yet

i personally thought chris kattan was insufferable. i wanted to fast forward through his parts to see more dave chapelle.

"c'mon ya'll! it's a revolution up in this bitch!"

Radioactive Spider Blood
This was a great flick. I didn't have high expectations going in, so I enjoyed it a hell of a lot.

You just have to take most of it in jest and not to seriously... this is the only time I've seen Chris Kattan do something and not want to change the channel/walk out. He wasn't nearly the main star. Even though the movie centers around UB, it's the supporting cast (Conspiracy Brother, Smart Brother, The Token White Guy) who make this movie so great.

Oh yah, and did I forget to mention Denise Richards?

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

crazed out movie freak
haven't seen it yet. saw the trailors and didn't think it looked like all that. probably wait till the dvd comes out.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I am DYING to see this movie, and I cant because I don't have a damn car currently, and the damn movie theater is two towns away.........

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

crazed out movie freak
you can afford computer and internet access but can't afford atleast a beater. somethin ain't right there

Female assassin extraordinaire.
as one of the sistahly persuasion - this is a 4 (not a 3!) out of 5 stars.

winners: 1) it cracks racial jokes but doesn't go too far 2) quality performances 3) doesn't take itself too seriously 4) is actually funny 5) has a great soundtrack.

it was actually very witty. some of you may have caught the use of soulfunk lyrics as dialogue; the racial dealings were good (flipping it back with the Token White Guy) rather than overworked or offensive.

other than one really over the top scene with the token white guy (you know what I mean) it was all good, y'all.

this is NOT in the low calibre of Corky Romano or whatever. This IS the black version of austin powers. this is a step up. peeps in this movie knew better than to try and outdo - they did what they do best, had confidence, and did it - there's just no other way to say it - with class. they concentrated on legit laughs and didn't try to overdo it and prove points. by doing this, they succeeded and made a great film.

dave chapelle and whitey were definitely the best parts of the film. chris kattan wasn't bad.

and you can tell by the conclusion there's a sequel in the making. waahooo ...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by Raziel1
you can afford computer and internet access but can't afford atleast a beater. somethin ain't right there
It's not my computer. It's my brother's. And I just saw Undercover Brother yesterday. It was really unbelieveably funny. I loved the final fight, set to Michael Jackson's "Beat it." This is way funnier than the last Austin Powers movie.

crazed out movie freak
Well I will have to rush right over to the theater and see it then.