Thanksgiving!

Tools    

Yeah vets really piss me off sometimes. My Wife's cat got really sick earlier this year and lost a bunch of weight. We took him in and they did the feeding tube thing. They kept him for a week because he wouldn't eat on his own either. Well of course he won't eat for you people we kept telling them. What we wanted to know was if he was stable enough to go home because she knew he would eat as soon as she brought him home. So 6 days later (and about $1100 in vet bills) he came home with his feeding tube still in his neck because they just refused to believe that he was going to eat for her. And of course the first thing he did was walk right over to the damn food dish! They made us leave the feeding tube in for several days afterwards too, they just wouldn't listen to us. I don't hate them and I don't think I know more than them about animal medicine but I do know my own animal and I wish they were more willing to listen to what you are telling them.

We know more about our own pets, though. Their habits. That is for sure. I'm walking straight back there tomorrow, and feeding her.

Yesterday, he didn't even tell me it was that high. He just said what she had, and that by Friday, or Saturday, she'd come home, and that they would teach me how to do the shots before I left with her. This was out of nowhere, and as I said, uncalled for, since he wasn't even going to re-call me, or stick around. I went there, though. I banged on every door, but of course, I was ignored. When I go tomorrow, I'm having the one secretary go to the window, and I'm pointing to the truck that was there. I'll ask whose truck that is, and if she names him, he's in deep ****.

Right now I'm just worried to death about her surviving until I get there. I know she improved some, between the sugar level, and no longer being dehydrated, but still, a good two days with no food . . . isn't helping her any.

Sorry to hear about Your Doggie Des and your cat powder your vets sound terrible I am lucky my vet is really nice

Your Vet reminds me of my Father's doctor

grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Scent of a Woman is an excellent film that is centered around the Thanksgiving holidays.

My family loves to sit and watch movie(s) on Thanksgiving night. I didn't see a thread about it on here yet, but was wondering what everyone's top 5 movies to watch on Thanksgiving are.......

Nothing in particular. I am going to go see Love and Other Drugs tonight. I don't expect much, but the wife really wants to see it.

There is in fact an existing thread on this topic, right HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra