PREDICT: Tomb Raider 2

Tools    

How much will Tomb Raider 2 gross this weekend?
0%
0 votes
Over $45 million
0%
0 votes
$35-44 million
100.00%
3 votes
$25-35 million
0%
0 votes
Under $25 million
3 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Give it up: how much do you think Lara'll raid from the box office this weekend? More importantly, how many times do you think box office analysis sites have used that horribly obvious play on words? My forecast:

$32.8 million
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	cradle_of_life.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1433  

I must become Caligari..!
The Forecast for this movie is HOT

It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

My life isn't written very well.
Since my prediction for The Hulk was so off, and I think Tomb Raider is the last of the summer blockbusters, I'm betting it will open very low. In a summer of nothing but action (sans Seabiscuit), people will likely opt for something less kinetic. Maybe a return to Finding Nemo, or a curiosity about Seabiscuit, will motivate them into the theater.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I work at a cinema, the last Tomb Raider didn't do that good so I can't see this one being amazing, packed for a week and then it will die down probably.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oooh, you were all wrong! Spy Kids 3D topped the list this weekend, with (probably) Pirates coming in second again. (Second is highly contested right now -- too close to call. Bad Boys 2 and Lara are battling out for that spot too.) Seabiscuit, because of being on fewer screens, didn't stand a chance at the top 3. But it still ended up at #5, taking in more per theater than the others.

I think Seabiscuit will pick up audiences as weeks go on, and Lara will not. Pirates did the same thing -- word of mouth has been keeping it going. I just don't see Lara doing well on word of mouth. Sorry, guys.