Disney Buys Jim Henson's Muppets & Bear in the Big Blue House

Tools    

As reported on comingsoon.net, The Walt Disney Company and The Jim Henson Company today announced that they have entered into an agreement under which Disney will acquire the beloved Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House properties from Henson.

The transaction includes all Muppet assets, including the Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo and Animal characters, the Muppet film and television library, and all associated copyrights and trademarks, as well as all the Bear in the Big Blue House characters, television library, copyrights and trademarks. The parties have signed a binding purchase agreement and expect the transaction to close within two months, subject to receiving the necessary regulatory clearances. The transaction does not include the Sesame Street characters, such as Big Bird and Elmo, which are separately owned by Sesame Workshop. The deal also includes non-exclusive production and consulting agreements under which Henson will develop potential new programming featuring the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House for Disney.

Log on to
comingsoon.net for further details.

Disney definately does seem eager to prove everybody else wrong that they are headed in the wrong direction- they lose their bid with Pixar, and then they refuse the Comcast take over bid and now it looks like they will own kermy too...my my aren't they ones to contradict....
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"