Appreciate the Works of a MoFo!

Tools    

APPRECIATE THE WORKS OF A MOFO!

Hey everybody and welcome...

I want to encourage all MoFos to show love and appreciation for each others hard work! This is the place you can visit, when you have something interesting for your fellow MoFos to see. Come and join a group of people who are committed to commenting on people's hard work, and in return, can get help you as well. So post in here, help the community and spread the love!

As you may know, I fight this forum for the benefit of common commenting. I personally think I work hard to post interesting stuff for you all, but I’m definitely not the only one or even the hardest working member on here. I know that every single member who works hard at something, loves when members show their appreciation for it. Whether they have something that excites, enlightens, provoke or even just something they personally find interesting, it would be great to have a place where people had the same understanding as you; a joined place where people were on the same basis and wanted to give feedback to another member and get feedback in return. This my friends, is that place…

In the vein of THE MOFO CHILL CLUB, you can become a member of a group called the MoFo’s Talents Support Association, where you agree to be more active about commenting on other works by fellow MoFos, and in return, you can get feedback from the rest of the association! You don’t have to write several paragraphs when you respond. It can be something like 2-3 sentences or 2-3 paragraphs. It really doesn’t matter, because if you appreciate when people read and comment on what you do, every single comment counts!

HOW IT WORKS
  • If you have something you wish for other MoFos to see, post a link to your post in this thread.
    · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
  • It doesn’t matter if it is a review, an essay or just a general write-up that you would like an opinion/discussion on – whether small or large.
    o For example, I see Captain Spaulding writes several interesting things in his long write-ups, which means he can utilize this thread to make certain that it has been seen, so that he can perhaps get a comment or two on it or just have them read something interesting.
    o I also see Iroquois as one of the hardest working reviewers on here and that is someone who could definitely receive more attention towards those countless reviews. Personally, I don’t follow Iroquois’ work as much as I should, but that’s only because I never see Iro in my threads. That little bastard (jk).
  • When you respond to whatever the person wants you to respond to, please rep/comment in his/her own thread or the thread where the post was made. You can of course say thanks in this thread for showing you the post, but the actual comments and discussion should be posted in direct response to the actual post.

MEMBERS OF THE GROUP

- MovieMeditation
MovieMeditation's Diary Reviews // MovieMeditation's Cinema Reviews

- Cole416
Cole's Film Reviews

- False Writer
False Reviews from a False Writer

- Gatsby
Gatsby's New and Improved Flick Critique

Post in here, when you have made something you would love for people to join in on. It serves as a reminder to bring discussion around movies/anything and other people's hard work! So go out there and support your fellow MoFo!

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I hope to see some love for it.

I'm in.

This > Chill Club tbh.
Haha, I don't wanna start a heated fight here.

I simply want to encourage people to comment some more, show love for other's hard work and take just a little time to leave a comment when someone went out their way with something... I don't demand anything, but I encourage and remind people of all the talented MoFos we have on this forum and the brilliant stuff they post!

Yeah sure, I have no problem supporting other members' work. I haven't done a ton of lists or reviews or anything recently but I know that when I do I love getting feedback on it, but if I want feedback it's only fair that I give feedback in return. Sort of like a "treat people the way you want to be treated" type of deal.

Anyways, sign me up!

This is stupid. If I had made this thread, nobody would be signing up. It's hard to understand what it's even about or why it needs to exist.

This is stupid. If I had made this thread, nobody would be signing up. It's hard to understand what it's even about or why it needs to exist.
That's because you don't fit either end of this thing...

You don't post reviews or write-ups and you don't really comment on people's reviews or write-ups. You're the one lost, my friend.

That said, you could link to your threads and use this thread as a tool to get people to see and discuss in your threads. But PLEASE don't post links to every 1,000 threads you make. Thanks.

That's because you don't fit either end of this thing...

You don't post reviews or write-ups and you don't really comment on people's reviews or write-ups. You're the one lost, my friend.

That said, you could link to your threads and use this thread as a tool to get people to see and discuss in your threads. But PLEASE don't post links to every 1,000 threads you make. Thanks.
I have you know I have a full review thread, I just don't write reviews much anymore. I still don't really see the need to "advertise" your posts in another thread. I especially don't understand why it needs to be a club you join.

I have you know I have a full review thread, I just don't write reviews much anymore. I still don't really see the need to "advertise" your posts in another thread. I especially don't understand why it needs to be a club you join.
I don't even wanna discuss with a person who creates thousands of useless threads...

Well, he's got at least 235 reviews.
I forgot he wrote reviews. Guess that's why he's so butthurt then... Nobody cares.

But this thread, SC, is for people who do care. For people who appreciate a good write-up and for those who loves such things themselves and wanna create more discussion. I'm just encouraging people, not advertising anything. It's mutual love.

I don't even wanna discuss with a person who creates thousands of useless threads...
Why not? You're just starting out. I could give you some tips.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I just made myself a sandwich.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

So this is basically a thread for whoring yourself out for rep?

I approve!!!
More comments than rep, but yeah, it's to have your work be recognized and appreciate by people who have a passion for such things as well.

Just imagine, JayDee, you can actually come in here and shout at people to go read your review, while linking to it and all... Crazy right?

First of all, this thread needs a different title -- at first, I thought this was something akin to "The MoFo Support Group Part 2." The title is also too long and not memorable.

I would have called it... maybe something like Appreciate ME!

Also, hasn't a thread like this been attempted before?

First of all, this thread needs a different title -- at first, I thought this was something akin to "The MoFo Support Group Part 2." The title is also too long and not memorable.

I would have called it... maybe something like Appreciate ME!

Also, hasn't a thread like this been attempted before?
I don't know if it has been done before... I haven't been here 13 years. Must likely it has, since it seems like something obvious.

I'm open for ideas for a title change, but I found it hard to come up with one.

...I'm open for ideas for a title change, but I found it hard to come up with one.
I like your idea But to be honest when I see a list of names of Members it makes me feel like I'm not welcomed, it seems inclusive. You said you're open to suggestions....ditch the list of members, just say All MoFos Welcomed!