All The Pretty Horses

→ in
Tools    

I am wondering what everyone else thought about this movie? I watched it last night and I definitely have mixed feelings on it. To me...it seemed like it was missing "steam". I thought that actors were great, the actual premise if the movie was good, but it just seemed to trot a long and never really had me close to the edge of my seat. Maybe there was just too much going on...love story(which to me..wasn't that much of a love story), the guy with the supposed stolen horse, the mexican penetentury, leaving the old life in Texas for a new in Mexico... Maybe, for me, there was just so much going on..that I had trouble getting into the movie as a whole. If they would have dropped some of it and concentrated a bit more on other parts of it, maybe I would have liked it better.

It felt like it was paced awkwardly. I guess that fits because apparently the original cut was four hours. I enjoyed this flick well enough, I'd watch it before I'd watch Cast Away again. It had some great damn photography. Very majestic and all that... I would have nominated the cinematography for this before I'd nominate 'The Patriot', which got one. As a whole I enjoyed it, although I'd like to see the original cut on a rainy day.