Go NY Knicks
and Go Michael Jordan
go Clippers

But as for the other L.A team
well,
I really can't stand the Lakers,

Let's t@lk Sports!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Why don't you like the Lakers? Cause they're a good team??
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I really don't have anything against the Lakers... most of the guys accept what they are, role players who come off the bench and contribute when needed. Shaq and Kobe are both fun to watch, neither is so bad a person that they are on par with the Iverson's and Sprewell's of the league. Jackson is cool, even if he coached da Bulls... I really can't see any reason to hate them unless you are a fan of the Kings or some other team out west

I'm a diehard Pistons fan though so I really don't care to much about the Lakers b/c I know we're not going to make it that far, LOL. I'm just concerned about beating the Bucks tonight so that we can get first place back

I'm all about the Sixers...Iverson is the best player in the league. Word.

I'm just glad that MJ's leading Washington to the playoffs...lest anyone thought he had lost his greatness. He's carrying that team on his frickin' back. Is there any doubt that he's the greatest basketball player of all time? At all?

Twice, I think. My guess is he'll play next year...though ya never know. He may retire as soon as he's able to lead the Wizards into the playoffs. My guess is that's why he came back: another challenge. See if he can truly carry a team on his own. So far, so good.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, that's true.

He does have talent, just wish he wouldn't indulge it soo much. He's an athlete, however, so he's only doing what any athlete with talent does, rubs it in your face.

B&W
Why don't you like the Lakers? Cause they're a good team??
Apart from the arrogance i really can't back up my comment, i just don't like the Lakers.

Is there any doubt that he's the greatest basketball player of all time? At all?
Nope, none at all!

I'm all about the Sixers...Iverson is the best player in the league.
Not well Jason Kidd is still alive.

hell yeah LAKERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

they just do
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Iverson is just about the biggest punk in the league... go check out how many shots he hoists up a game and then look at his shooting percentage. Hell, Eric Montross could score 20 points if he put the ball up 30 times a game and got the calls Iverson did. There are at least a dozen other guards in the league I would rather have on my team than AI.

Originally posted by mightymose
Iverson is just about the biggest punk in the league... go check out how many shots he hoists up a game and then look at his shooting percentage. Hell, Eric Montross could score 20 points if he put the ball up 30 times a game and got the calls Iverson did. There are at least a dozen other guards in the league I would rather have on my team than AI.
Have you seen the man play? Remember last time the Sixers were in the finals? He was playing with a hurt wrist - 50 points the first game, 60 the second. The third game they double teamed him and he had 20-some assists. He's incredible. He's been given a lot of crap because, I guess, of his appearance and a few mistakes in his earlier years, but he's matured & is only getting better. He's a great player - and that stuff about shot percentage is sort of flawed, because other great players (including Jordan in his earlier years) like Julius Erving and Wilt Chamberlain tossed the ball up more than 30 times a game, & they're hailed as legends.

B&W
Remember last time the Sixers were in the finals? He was playing with a hurt wrist - 50 points the first game, 60 the second. The third game they double teamed him and he had 20-some assists.
Come on man, you can't just make up statistics!

Sure, the man can play, and he was probably the best player last season, but I don't think so in this season.

Allen Iverson is the man. Say what you want, he is one of the toughest. How is he a bad person? At least he does not punch people from the back ( Shaq ), or go picking fights with respected players,and get whooped ( Kobe ). Interesting, the Lakers have not lost in their last 9 games without Kobe.HMM

Rock God
yeah, i agree with steve on this one. iverson may be a "punk" but the dude can play. did you ever sit down and just watch him let loose? it's pretty impressive.

the team i'm most disappointed in this year are the knicks. they've been one of my favorite teams now for years. i've loved new york since before people just SAID they loved new york out of patriotism and a sense of unity. not that there's anything wrong with patriotism and a sense of unity! those are important things, but i've been a new york fan for years and years now. it's almost TOO easy to root for the yankees, though.

as for jordan, i grew up on the guy and i will root for him till the end, but it's not as if he's gonna make the wizards a winning team. he's the only one who scores.

B&W
he's the only one who scores.
You saying Rip Hamilton's got no game?

Rock God
i didn't mean literally, of course. i just mean jordans's the only balla spelled with an "a" on the end.

B&W
i just mean jordans's the only balla spelled with an "a" on the end.

Crap though, I hope he recovers from his injury in time to save the Wizards from lottery contention.

what you need to do is stop smoking that green stuff in Humboldt County. Lakers do not suck. I think a repeat kills that argument, but I know you didn't mean it that way - just trying to start some fun.

When the Lakers wanna play, there isn't a team in the League that can check em, not the Mavs not the Kings. 15-1 thrashing in the playoffs last year was incredible, given the level or parity in pro-ball. Anyway, the 3-peat is almost de-facto. And, yeah, whoever said the Knicks sucked was right on. What happened? Regardless of injuries, in a weak East, they should do a bit better - jeez.

Iverson - c'mon now, the guy has skills. The more you think about his height and weight, the more you gotta be impressed. When I go out and play against the trees in my area I think about it. I can't drive the lane and convert lay-ups nearly as easily against 6-7 dudes as I can 5-11 dudes. A.I. is so fun to watch, too. Remember when he dogged Tyronn Lue in the Playoffs last year and stepped over him as he hit the dagger? I was thoroughly amused, lol! (In retrospect, that is) Handles, attitude, uniqueness, and crazy moves, the guy has it all. Philly is lucky to have him. These props are coming from a lifelong Laker fan, too! Too bad there so many Iverson wannabes everywhere.

B&W
And, yeah, whoever said the Knicks sucked was right on. What happened? Regardless of injuries, in a weak East, they should do a bit better - jeez.
I'd still rather be a Knick fan any day than be a Laker fan.

Lakers will NOT make a three-peat.