Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No, I had no problems with the sound, so I guess it is not the movie itself, might be the copy you have. But to be fully honest I watched it online.
Thanks very much. It really was just a bit more than just a bit annoying. eg my neighbours probably heard the booming. I was really looking forward to that.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Thanks very much. It really was just a bit more than just a bit annoying. eg my neighbours probably heard the booming. I was really looking forward to that.
No problem mate, glad I could help. It really is a great movie, try grabbing a different copy.

No problem mate, glad I could help. It really is a great movie, try grabbing a different copy.
Will do. All this time I've been whining about this sound 'trend' and maybe I just have terrible copies *slinks into the corner*

No, this time was just extra terrible. We probably lasted 20 minutes and I couldnt take it any more.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I watched this movie about two years ago and I don't remember much, but I do remeber I was dissapionted a little bit. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.
I haven't seen anything else of this director and I read very good opinion about him before I went to the cinema to see Taxi-Teheren. Maybe another of his movies could change my mindset?

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I watched it few days ago. Since then I have been afraid of old ladies Jake and Hugh were awesome as always, but the movie rather average.

I watched it few days ago. Since then I have been afraid of old ladies Jake and Hugh were awesome as always, but the movie rather average.
They were more than awesome. In fact, the one created a character I wouldn't mind seeing in another film. Interesting af.

Also, love Maria Bello.

This might just do nobody any good.
Prisoners really sold me on Villeneuve as a director. That one could’a been a throwaway, by-the-numbers thriller but the execution (aided in no small part by two great opposing performances) really elevated the whole affair.

Incendies is the ideal follow up if you’re looking to catch up on his filmography but it’s no less challenging.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Will do. All this time I've been whining about this sound 'trend' and maybe I just have terrible copies *slinks into the corner*

No, this time was just extra terrible. We probably lasted 20 minutes and I couldnt take it any more.
Would be really weird if that is the in-movie sound and I just hadn't noticed But I doubt it, the way you described it makes it impossible not to notice.

Would be really weird if that is the in-movie sound and I just hadn't noticed But I doubt it, the way you described it makes it impossible not to notice.
I think it's the copy. I dont recall this being a trend back then, just recently. It's no biggy - we'll just get another. It just gets pushed down the list a bit for now. Much appreciation to you mofos who brought my attention to it. This is probably my favourite thread - I pick up so much stuff from here I hadnt heard of or had forgotten about. It's like a daily xmas present.

Enjoyed Margot Lee Shetterly's book and couldn't wait to see the film, finally got around to watching it and adored it. Wonderful story.

Really looking forward to tht.

Originally Posted by the samoan lawyer
Not seen the 3rd series of Fargo yet but I will soon.
Yeah, if you're a fan of MEW (nice, eh?), when you watch the first episode you'll have a new appreciation of the song, "Baby Got Back." And she swears it's really her.

This might just do nobody any good.
I was trying to think of another good Winstead role, aside from Fargo or Cloverfield, but came up blank*. That’s a real shame, she’s got talent.

I kind of want her to work with The Coens for real. I’ve been thinking you could revive the sort of films Billy Wilder or Howard Hawks did in the 50s with modern sensibilities and Joel & Ethan would be atop my list to do it. MEW would kill it at the vocal gymnastics they indulge in.

Greta Gerwig and Tessa Thompson could do it too.

*I know Scott Pilgrim’s got defenders but I’m just not fond of that one at all and the lack of chemistry between her and Cera sort of kills the movie.

I watched this movie about two years ago and I don't remember much, but I do remeber I was dissapionted a little bit. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.
I haven't seen anything else of this director and I read very good opinion about him before I went to the cinema to see Taxi-Teheren. Maybe another of his movies could change my mindset?
That's the only one i've seen. Are you aware of the directors (and taxi driver in the film) story? From wiki:

Panahi was arrested in March 2010 along with his wife, daughter, and 15 friends and later charged with propaganda against the Iranian government. Despite support from filmmakers, film organizations, and human rights organizations from around the world, in December 2010 Panahi was sentenced to a six-year jail sentence and a 20-year ban on directing any movies, writing screenplays, giving any form of interview with Iranian or foreign media, or from leaving the country except for medical treatment or making the Hajj pilgrimage
He has made three films since then including one called This Is Not a Film Taxi won the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival and his daughter had to accept it for him. Taxi is his love letter to film in defiance of his ban, he also mocks his order throughout by making it a DocuFiction (something Iran is famous for) acting like he's just documenting real events while joking about it and having the little guy question if events are real or not. He even has his niece read Iran's Motion Picture Code if he wasn't being obvious enough.

So yeah it's more an important film against the restriction of art than it is impressive, although it's impressive that it was made and that Panahi is that brave. Outside of its importance i found it funny and heartwarming though, Panahi's smiley face really warmed my heart. I don't think it's a masterpiece but even ignoring it's political context i found it enjoyable.

Going to watch This Is Not a Film soon.