Exceptions in your taste

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wow, I didn't know about half of them were Jewish. I find it incredibly hard to believe anybody could tell they were all Jewish just by watching their movies. Some of them get as disparate as it gets. I can't see anything Jewish about Alejandro Jodorowsky except for some scenes in his late autobiographical movies. Woody Allen, sure, talks about being Jewish a lot. But Frankenheimer or Fuller? Melville? von Sternberg? Wyler? Lubitsch? Wilder? I really see nothing Jewish in their filmmaking. And I think that unless you're from contemporary Israel or a director from outside Israel with a strong emphasis on Jewish tradition, it's hard to say you're a "Jewish director". I can't see anything distinct about most Jewish filmmakers.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like to watch some investigations, but I don't like to make some kind of romantic story between the characters out of it

and I also mentioned that I hate fantasy (magic, wizards, ghosts), but I love Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean

As for me, I generally enjoy horror movies, but I'm not a fan of slasher films. I also love animated movies, but I don't usually enjoy musicals. I like sci-fi movies, but I tend to dislike ones with overly complicated plots that are hard to follow. It's interesting how we can have a broad interest in a genre but still have specific dislikes within it.

I don't like gangster movies in general. But, I recently re-watched the Godfather duology, and I liked it so much this time around (the last time I watched it I was a teenager around 2007 or so), that I put it into my top 10 favorite movies.

The first two Godfather movies are truly special, they are unique in their combination of length, quality, and execution. In a way they are the best straight drama movies ever made. One might argue "well, how about Tokyo Story?" I might reply that it is a rather unconventional film (Ozu's movies are weird even compared to other Japanese movies) while the Godfather I and II are typical Hollywood drama movies, but better than all the others.

Wow, I didn't know about half of them were Jewish. I find it incredibly hard to believe anybody could tell they were all Jewish just by watching their movies. Some of them get as disparate as it gets. I can't see anything Jewish about Alejandro Jodorowsky except for some scenes in his late autobiographical movies. Woody Allen, sure, talks about being Jewish a lot. But Frankenheimer or Fuller? Melville? von Sternberg? Wyler? Lubitsch? Wilder? I really see nothing Jewish in their filmmaking. And I think that unless you're from contemporary Israel or a director from outside Israel with a strong emphasis on Jewish tradition, it's hard to say you're a "Jewish director". I can't see anything distinct about most Jewish filmmakers.
Agreed. That's like making a list top 100 greatest directors with green eyes or shorter than 5'10.

I can't see anything distinct about most Jewish filmmakers.

Sometimes we come close to escaping identity politics...