Anyone here seen The Last Unicorn (1982)?

→ in
Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
It's a great but underappreciated animated fantasy drama about a unicorn who thinks she is the last of her kind as she wonders into the dangerous but magical world, she meets a handful of characters including a wizard who magically changes her into a beautiful human maiden to fool the bad guys who have the unicorns of the world hostage, a local prince falls in love with her and she must make a 4 day decision of weither to be human forever or save the other unicorns.

It's a unique and one-of-a-kind animated flick with great art, excellent voices such as Mia Farrow, Jeff Bridges, Christopher Lee, Alan Arkin, Angela Lansbury, Robert Klein ( from " Tales from The Darkside: The Movie"), and Rene Aubejenos, some sad moments to make you cry, humor, excitment, action and it's also a feel good movie. It's also got one of the hottest animated chicks any guy will see this side of Jessica Rabbit, Lola Bunny or Holi Would from Cool World and she even gets naked in this movie.

I highly recommend it! there is going to be a live-action remake in the works coming in 2006 which is part of the non-stop current state of remakes.

I've never liked The Last Unicorn (1982), and always thought it was a missed opportunity. From when I first saw it as a twelve-year-old, I knew it was off. I liked the book, but from the first viewing up through all the years seeing of it, or pieces of it, again, I always feel how off the tone is, how flat it is. And Rankin & Bass' style was simply too soft and cartoony to make it work anyway. Their stuff really isn't suited for the big screen or larger scale stories.

Eh.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was real drunk at my friends house, and was passing out on the couch. Saw the movie, saw the VCR, figured 'what the hellz', and PRESTO - I saw the movie. Don't remember what it was about, just that it had some cheesy ass songs and some real hot troll lookin lady. But, yeah, I guess I'm just trying to say I watched it too.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
You gotta admit it, the Lady almathea in the movie ( the white haired chick) was a hottie, don't you think?

Originally Posted by Johnlindsey289
You gotta admit it, the Lady almathea in the movie ( the white haired chick) was a hottie, don't you think?
Was that the troll? If so, I agree.

Answer to rad joke: Fo' Drizzle'!!!!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
There is going to be a big budget live-action remake due out in 2006, do you think it might be better than the original? afterall there is a bunch of upcoming remakes like "Suspiria", " The Fog", " The Warriors", " Back to School", "Assault on Precinct 13", " Prom Night" and more.