"Guess the movie from the Screenshot" game

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The poster appears to be banned. What do we do now? Well, since it's my thread, I'll post another one:

Is this picture from the movie Time Lapse?

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
It's been 2 days, I'll go.

If anyone is curious I just identified this film by a weird coincidence. I was just watching film trailers on Amazon Prime, and this shot popped up in one of them, the trailer for Southbound (a horror anthology released last year).

I'm not up on my Danny Kaye movies (and it's obviously Boris Karloff with him), but based on the apparent situation in the photo - it looks like he may be hypnotized and perhaps Karloff is playing a hypnotist or psychiatrist?
So I'm going to take a total guess that it's from Walter Mitty? Haven't see that movie since I was very little (nor the remake) so I don't recall if Mitty went to see a therapist due to his rampant fantasizing (and I know that was the plot of the movie - that he fantasized exciting lives for himself to escape his boring one), but it seems plausible that there was a psychiatric angle in the film.

I'm not up on my Danny Kaye movies (and it's obviously Boris Karloff with him), but based on the apparent situation in the photo - it looks like he may be hypnotized and perhaps Karloff is playing a hypnotist or psychiatrist?
So I'm going to take a total guess that it's from Walter Mitty? Haven't see that movie since I was very little (nor the remake) so I don't recall if Mitty went to see a therapist due to his rampant fantasizing (and I know that was the plot of the movie - that he fantasized exciting lives for himself to escape his boring one), but it seems plausible that there was a psychiatric angle in the film.

Wow, that was fast!

Yes, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947) is correct. I love the way you used logic to figure it out, but I'm not going to tell you if you got the details correct because I want everyone to watch this movie before they submit a list for the 1940's Countdown. So anyone who wants to know if you're right about the details will just have to watch the movie to find out.

Wow, that was fast!

Yes, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947) is correct. I love the way you used logic to figure it out, but I'm not going to tell you if you got the details correct because I want everyone to watch this movie before they submit a list for the 1940's Countdown. So anyone who wants to know if you're right about the details will just have to watch the movie to find out.
It could also be that some part of my subconscious remembers the film. I remember the concept - Danny Kaye's movies were discussed in my family & among friends - but don't remember anything about the movie itself except that it probably had a message about appreciating your own life and who you are rather than spend all your time fantasizing about being someone else. Another reference is a cartoon I watched as a kid that was based on the movie - "The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty!" I especially liked this cartoons because some of the character's fantasy lives were renditions of Batman and Star Trek. (Remember it?)

P.S. I have no plans to see the Ben Stiller remake!

Nope. I purposefully went for a picture that could be from almost any film! (HAH!)
I was thinking, find a screenshot of the ocean or stars or city or jungle, then I thought... desert! (that's a hint).

It could also be that some part of my subconscious remembers the film. I remember the concept - Danny Kaye's movies were discussed in my family & among friends - but don't remember anything about the movie itself except that it probably had a message about appreciating your own life and who you are rather than spend all your time fantasizing about being someone else. Another reference is a cartoon I watched as a kid that was based on the movie - "The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty!" I especially liked this cartoons because some of the character's fantasy lives were renditions of Batman and Star Trek. (Remember it?)

P.S. I have no plans to see the Ben Stiller remake!

I've never heard of "The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty!", but it sounds like something I would like. I doubt it's available on DVD.

I have no plans to see the Ben Stiller remake either. I think Ben Stiller is very annoying, and the only Ben Stiller movie I liked was Night at the Museum.

Nope. I purposefully went for a picture that could be from almost any film! (HAH!)
I was thinking, find a screenshot of the ocean or stars or city or jungle, then I thought... desert! (that's a hint).

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw that picture was it's either from Dune or Mad Max, but I don't know why. I haven't seen either of those movies.

gbg - here's a YouTube of opening credits.

I totally do not remember this - I only remember the animated parts and had no memory that Waldo was a real (live action) cat when he wasn't fantasizing!

Road Warrior
Near Dark
Fury Road
Lawrence Of Arabia????
Good guesses from gbg (since both movies named have desert scenes)!
But Tongo got it on the last one!
It is indeed a screenshot from Lawrence of Arabia
(I was going to go for one with two tiny camels on the desert expanse, but that would've just been a give away.)

gbg - here's a YouTube of opening credits.

I totally do not remember this - I only remember the animated parts and had no memory that Waldo was a real (live action) cat when he wasn't fantasizing!

That looks adorable. Maybe I can get it from one of the DVD vendors at a show? They usually have a bunch of unreleased shows.