Street Fighter: Chun Li (2008) movie

Tools    

Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li (2009) movie

Smallville TV show star Kristin Kreuk will play as Chun-Li in Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li! Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a Justin Marks script, the action movie will start filming in Thailand in March, 2008.
20th Century Fox will distribute the live-action film based on Capcom’s fighting video game. The movie is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.

An early film version of 'Street Fighter' was released in 1994.

Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment and Capcom Ltd. are getting in the ring for a film version of popular vidgame franchise "Street Fighter."
Scribe Justin Marks has been tapped to adapt.

Hyde Park and Capcom -- Japanese publisher of "Street Fighter" -- will produce the film in a joint venture.

Pic will focus on the game's most popular female fighter, Chun Li, but the exact storyline is being kept under wraps.

In 1994, Universal released a "Street Fighter" movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme that featured most of the characters from the game.

Hyde Park and Capcom's film is targeted to bow in 2008, the 20th anniversary of the game franchise.

The Street Fighter series helped ignite the arena fighting genre that's still popular in the vidgame world.

When it first debuted, it generated heated controversy over the graphic depictions of violence.

Though it has been less popular in recent years as the number of competitors has increased, "Street Fighter" games have sold over 25 million console games and 500,000 arcade units, generating more than a billion dollars in revenue.

Marks just completed writing "Voltran" for producer Mark Gordon.
He is repped by William Morris Agency.

Hyde Park will be selling the project at the American Film Market, which unspools this week in Santa Monica.

When I first heard of the movie, I was thinking who would be best to portray Chun Li and I decided is Chiaki Kuriyama who played Go Go in Kill Bill, Vol. 1 I think she could pull off the role of Chun Li. I know she can definitely fight. haha Here are some pics:
</H1>

wow!!! i think this is great... i miss street fighter. also the story of chun li is wonderfull. talking about her dad and everything. ill definitely look forward on this movie

No way. Shes not cute enough! haha

Zhang ZIyi!!

I don'r know what to say, I haven't seen a good Street Fighter movie animated or live action, some games were not meant for the big scree.

http://coolmovies-aaron.blogspot.com/

Donkey Punch-Drunk Love
the mortal kombat movie was better than the van damme street fighter movie

You are the apple of my eye anyways
You know maybe im mistaken here, but I always figured that Ryu would be the most popular hero of the street fighter franchise. I think he's a much better protagonist and I'd be willing to forgive 1994 's role in trashing every classic character of the first game (originally made in 1987) if there was a decent story behind it.

Yet, there are two other video game franchises that would be better suited for such a film. If were gonna talk about fighting games getting a movie it should be titles from SNK, or Namco (specifically Tekken). SNK is the rival company of Capcom, and there style of fighting games revolutionized 2-D fighting games, In a way that Capcom could never compete with. It's a shame they went bankrupt.

The rumor is official and it will be coming out in 2008 starring Kristen Kreuk of Smallville. I can't wait. I read that Kristen has a purple belt in karate, so at least she has some prior skills.

KK has a purple belt in karate that could help her in this film.

Yeah!! I much prefer Chiaki than Kristine Kreuk, she would play a great Chun-Li. But of course I also want to see Kristine in Chun-Li costume hehehe

Wow that sounds pretty awesome! I like Kristin and I'm happy she got the part, much better than the rumors of Jessica Biel.

rex
Kristine Kreuk? why not chinese actress?

I used to fight sometimes with Chun Li in Street Fighter II.
She had nice legs.

Kristine Kreuk

Chiaki Kuriyama

So Who do you think look much better? For the role of Chun-Li?

I'd go for Chiaki. She resembles Chun Li, especially with that bangs.

Kristine Kreuk, I want to see a new version of Chunli not the usual Chinese eyes looking girl.

I still think Chiaki embodies the dark, feisty edge of Chun-Li, but I have a feeling Kristin Kreuk will do well in the role. I'll just have to see when it's all completed.

In the Beginning...
How on earth do these movies find their way to production?!

Let's not wax semantics here; this is a character spinoff from a 1994 critical and commercial flop based on a video game which saw its last entry released 8 years ago. According to my research here, it looks like Capcom is trying to develop a brand new installment to the series; but after almost a decade, where is the interest for a new video game (much less a new film)?

I want to know who honestly believes this film is going to sell tickets.

Oh Sleezy! JJ Abrams has fooled you again! The Street Fighter: Chun Li movie is of course the beginning of the viral marketing campaign for Cloverfield 2, tentatively titled: 2-19-09, haven't you cottoned on to this marketing genius' style yet. Tsk Tsk Sleezatron, Tsk Tsk. :P