Re-Releases

Tools    

Guy
Are there any plans for the re-release on any of these movies?

The Deer Hunter -- I thought it's one of the best films ever, and the DVD doesn't have enough for the greatness of the film, any plan for a rerelease?

*Goodfellas* -- Why WB would release such a sad excuse for a DVD is beyond me. Goodfellas is an amazing movie, and the DVD is the worst out there. The transfer is terrible, and it's DUAL LAYERED, meaning you have to flip it over half film to see the rest. No special features (Trailer?). I'd personally rather own a VHS of it.

Pulp Fiction -- great movie, poor DVD, poor transfer. Argh

so anyone know of any planned re-release of any of these? Is there any way to contact any studios and give them my opinion about these?

**I also think Forrest Gump should definately be released on DVD immediately!**

Goodfellas is a single layer double sided disc that will be re-released to a dual layer format by the end of 2001.

Deer Hunter may be released next spring. The studio has been holding off on a re-release because most of the primary actors have been too busy to record commentaries.

Pulp Fiction - No plans at this time. Here again the primary people are too busy to add any features like interviews or commentaries to the film.

Forrest Gump is being released this summer.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Guy
Wow! I didn't actually expect to get a straight answer from anybody, thanks a lot!

I will be anticipating

Anytime. By the way, I called around today and got a scoop that Pulp Fiction may have a "big re-release before the year is out." I haven't heard that before, but it came from my usual studio contact who has never failed me before.