Evening all!

Tools    

We all know that. How much did he see? I mean really? How many movies sre there? (Depending on what you mean by a movie maybe). What I meant was shear movie knowledge. There's so much to know about film. I'm not kissing your ass,I really think you cpould beat him there maybe. We should have a showdown. You vs. him quiz.
Thanks Beatle for the kind words, but seriously there's a lot of MoFos who know more about movies then me. Mark watches many movies every day, me I only watch one a day.

Well million has 7 digits - 1 000 000, so yo, 1 111 111 111 is ten digits, it's 3 orders of magnitude greater. (Meaning you have multiply million by 100 - 3 digits to get 1 000 000 000,and this is that plus 111 111 111.

I'm not trying to look smart here - I'm an idiot.
You're the man when it comes to Math!

Math is foreign language to me, is that then like a billion + some change?

I like that avatar too!

So a question FL3 (hmm, that sounds like a droid from Star Wars) Anyway what other types/genres of films do you like? Favorite directors or actors/actresses?
I'll give anything a look. Probably more classic films than some of the modern. I like films that make me think... films I might not "get" at first, and might have to watch a few times before I "get it."

Favorite directors would include,

The Top 3

1) Frank Darabont
2) Stanley Kubrick -
3) Francis Ford Coppola.

Honorable mention

4) Alfonso Curon -The best of the HP directors.
5) David Yates The 2nd best.
6) Robert Wise - for his Military films/
7) Francois Trufaut
8) Sion Sono - A Japanese director He made me think.

Favorite Genres - I can't really say. Like I say, I'll give anything a look.

Maybe Military, Horror, mystery, but other classic drama stuff as well. If tells a good story, I'll watch it.

Favorite Actors/Actresses, I can't really say, either. I don't have any. It just depends on the picture and the role.

Thanks Beatle for the kind words, but seriously there's a lot of MoFos who know more about movies then me. Mark watches many movies ever day, me I only watch one a day.

You're the man when it comes to Math!

Math is foreign language to me, is that then like a billion + some change?
Welcome Rules. But again I'll persist. I mean higher knowledge. Movie making, camera work, movie theory, etc. For all I know, you're qualified to be a director. I mean SERIOUSLY, you're maybe even too modest. generally speaking.

Thanks, but I'm certainly helluva lot weaker at math than you at movies.

Yes, 1 000 000 000 is billion - thousand times a million, thousand millions. You'd have to add thousand millions together to get a billion. Plus that change, yeah. - 111 111 111 is one hundred eleven millions one hundred eleven thousands one hundred eleven.

Favorite directors would include,
The Top 3

1) Frank Darabont
2) Stanley Kubrick -
3) Francis Ford Coppola.
I recently watched two of Coppola's films The Outsiders which I had seen before and Rumble Fish which was very different and told it's story from visual abstractions more than a conventional story telling, say like in The Outsiders.
Favorite Genres - I can't really say. Like I say, I'll give anything a look. Maybe Military, Horror, mystery, but other classic drama stuff as well. If tells a good story, I'll watch it.
I just watched a classic B horror movie last night House on Haunted Hill (1959) with Vincent Price, good fun, have you seen that one?

Welcome, FL3.

We still have a drive-in where I live, but on weekends (when I would be able to go) they usually show kiddie movies. I'm sorry to say I was born too late to really get into the classic grindhouse/exploitation drive-in scene.

By the way, my compliments to your taste in movies, and (especially?) to your dad's taste in campfire scenes.

I recently watched two of Coppola's films The Outsiders which I had seen before and Rumble Fish which was very different and told it's story from visual abstractions more than a conventional story telling, say like in The Outsiders.
I'm a huge "Outsiders" fan. Both the original S.E. Hinton novel and the FFC film. And, although not his first film (which I believe would be a guest role in "Endless Love"), this was Tom Cruise's first feature role (as Steve Randle) after his breakout role in the movie Taps (which is where I first saw him). In fact, this film had quite a few big names in it. Best performance I think was Ralph Macchio followed by Matt Dillon. Have not yet seen Rumble Fish.

I just watched a classic B horror movie last night House on Haunted Hill (1959) with Vincent Price, good fun, have you seen that one?
No, but I have two favorites of the B horror genre - ever since they scared the living daylights out of me as a kid. In fact, the #2 choice was also a Vincent Price film - "The Tingler." And the #1 choice -

<drum roll>

"The City of the Dead (1960)" - Better known in the USA as, "Horror Hotel." Staring Christopher Lee, Patricial Jessel, Betta St. John, Venetia Stevensen. Dennis Lotis. It's the "chanting" that gets me on this one. It's also a rare chance to see Christopher Lee do an "American" accent.

I have both of these on Laser Disc and DVD.

No, but I have two favorites of the B horror genre - ever since they scared the living daylights out of me as a kid. In fact, the #2 choice was also a Vincent Price film - "The Tingler." And the #1 choice -

<drum roll>

"The City of the Dead (1960)" - Better known in the USA as, "Horror Hotel." Staring Christopher Lee, Patricial Jessel, Betta St. John, Venetia Stevensen. Dennis Lotis. It's the "chanting" that gets me on this one. It's also a rare chance to see Christopher Lee do an "American" accent.

I have both of these on Laser Disc and DVD.
I'm a huge horror fan myself. I've actually seen "The Tingler" in the theater -- unfortunately, without wired seats. Fun movie, anyway. (I try to live my life by Vincent Price's teachings.)

I started watching "Horror Hotel" on TV when I was in stir recently, but was rudely interrupted. I'll have to look for it. Gotta love anything with Christopher Lee!

Belated, but welcome to Movie Forums.

Amusingly, that "mark threads you've posted in" feature is how I quickly realized I hadn't replied to this one. So well done.