Cabin Fever, Matchstick Men, Once Upon a Time In Mexico

Tools    

ALL COMING OUT IN ONE WEEKEND!? What were these studios thinking? I mean it's awesome for us the moviegoers but that is some fierce competition. I think they should have spread themselves out more evenly this month considering how dead it has been the past couple of weeks. Anyone else think this was weird planning?

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong isn't going to register any complaints. It's about time we cineastes had a weekend with three promising films released at once. In Kong's home town American Splender is opening as well, so that's four films that have a strong possibility of being good in Kong's eyes!

Business-wise spreading them out probably wouldn't make a big difference, because they all occupy different genres, and would face tougher in-genre competition if they waited. For instance, if you pushed Once Upon a Time In Mexico back a week it would have to face off with Underworld, Cabin Fever would face off with Cold Creek Manor, etc.

Do you know my poetry?
3 good movies coming out this weekend, but I only choose to see one, Matchstick Men

Here are my choices.....

Cabin Fever (Theatrically)
then
Once Upon a Time in Mexico

[BMatchstick Men[/b] ??? Eventually I suppose.

Cabin Fever has won praise not only from from film festivals (not that I listen to critics) and by Peter Jackson himself, whom has said hasn't been scared since this in his entire life.
If it scared me at home, it will scare the s**t out of me more in theater.

Once Upon a Timein Mexico is a must because as a big fan of the trilogy, seeing and enjoying El Marachai and Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico will definitely fulfill my my appetite

As for Matchstick Men ... I can wait. I mean , it looks alright and Nicholas Cage is a great actor yet, the film itself does not look that enticing.

Do you know my poetry?
Doesn't anybody wanna see Matchstick Men rather than Cabin Fever or Once upon a time in Mexico?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Someone enlighten me about Cabin Fever, please...

I can't tell from the TV commercials if it is about an icky virus or plague or if it's more like 28 Days or if it has killers of some variety in it (zombies with the plague or people with the plague who might infect others). It does look intriguingly good, but usually flicks like this scare the pi$$ outta me and I try to avoid them when they're 40 feet wide in the dark.

Having said that, I'd probably go for Matchstick Men if I had to go to any of them. I'm still sulking over Battle of Shaker Heights not making it out of its ten cities (although we drove all the way to Cleveland -- to the real Shaker Heights! -- to see it in August).

Cabin Fever is about a flesh eating virus that infects teenagers who are having his party in a cabin out in the woods - I think. It's supposed to be extremely gory.

Lost in Translation also arrives, I believe.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Lost in Translation also arrives, I believe.
Only in L.A.; it opens a little wider next week.

Kong saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico and thought it was pretty fun. Suffers from the same problems that the other two did, but still provides a generally good time.

Kong also saw Matchstick Men. The last 20 minutes manage to ruin what was, up until then, a really, really good film. It's too bad the movie ended up swindling its own self.

Hi
Lost in Translation was released in other places. I saw it at a local AMC in Massachusetts so i guess it's just random.

Originally Posted by Tuna
Lost in Translation was released in other places. I saw it at a local AMC in Massachusetts so i guess it's just random.
Kong was just going by the info on IMDb which is apparently not accurate.

Do you know my poetry?
I saw Matchstick Men yesterday, I gotta say this movie is just amazing. It is a great comedy, a great plot, a great father-daughter story, a great con-man story, it is a masterpiece. I especially loved the ending, such a great twist ending to the whole story, and Nicholas Cage, Sam Rockwell, and Alison Lowman do excellent performances.

Matchstick Men - A+++

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
When I tell my friends about Matchstick Men I tell them that it doesn have a good ending, but it has the right ending.

Sometimes they just aren't the same. In real life or the movies. Tho disappointing in both.

The Bear with the Funk
well that weekend was awhile ago, but for me i saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico, MatchStick Men, hell i didnt even bother with Cabin Fever (what the hell). I guess the studios knew that people would se one movie, then right after so shell out more money for that next one that was on the list. Seems smart....or was it?