Favorite Obscure Movie

Tools    

ya, i woudlnt say Kids is obscure, but you are right. It is a great film.
anyone know quadrophenia? The soundtrack is quite impressive. The who made both the movie and soundtrack.

Dachshunds Fear Me
It's not exactly obscure, but it sure did disappear at the box office:

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (2005):

I loved this movie - it was funny, crazy, action-packed, profane, inappropriate, and oddly sweet.

George: Arthur.

Some of these might not be so unpopular, but are definitely on the obscure side and some of my favorites most of my friends have never heard of or seen!

Clockwatchers
Secretary
Sweethearts
Tales From the Crypt 1972
The Vault of Horror
Electric Dreams
Return to Oz
Little Romance
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Incredible Shrinking Man (or Woman!)
Cabin in the Sky

Static (Mark Romanek, 1985)

Not so obscure since the crap quality dvd release.

Le Orme aka Footprints on the Moon (Luigi Bazzoni, 1975)

This one's not so obscure since the Shameless R2 dvd release.

The Day of the Beast / El día de la bestia (Álex de la Iglesia, 1995)

Brilliant and sadly OOP.

Semper Fooey
&feature=related

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

This superb 1975 filmed record of James Whitmore's one-man show about the life and times of Harry Truman did give Whitmore an Oscar nomination for Best Actor but most people have never seen it or even heard of it. Whitmore is phenomenal at all times going through some of Truman's darkest days and biggest triumphs, and he manages to be deeply moving, incredibly wise and downright hilarious. I have a VHS copy but this thing has never been released on DVD. What a treasure trove of history and entertainment has been lost due to whatever (legal?) reasons for that sorry situation.

They call me Mister Tibbs
O Lucky Man! is my favorite. It's a 1973 black comedy film. It says a lot about life, and Alan Price's soundtrack is phenomenal.

O Lucky Man! is my favorite. It's a 1973 black comedy film. It says a lot about life, and Alan Price's soundtrack is phenomenal.
I am such a big fan of this movie I have the soundtrack good choice

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I guess this would count, one of Jet Li's first films called Dr. Wai and the Scripture Without Words, as far as I know It's just recently became available in the United States.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I quirky comedy I saw many times ... The Gods Must Be Crazy (1980)

Plot (from IMDb) - A Sho in the Kalahari desert encounters technology for the first time--in the shape of a Coke bottle. He takes it back to his people, and they use it for many tasks. The people start to fight over it, so he decides to return it to the God--where he thinks it came from. Meanwhile, we are introduced to a school teacher assigned to a small village, a despotic revolutionary, and a clumsy biologist.
I have seen this movie and the sequel which isn't as good many times.

Oh there's a alot, but I'd have to say samaritan girl.

The Day of the Beast / El día de la bestia (Álex de la Iglesia, 1995)

Brilliant and sadly OOP.

If anyone out there is after a good copy of this I recently picked up the Korean disc on ebay for £6 which has removable English and Korean subtitles and a perfect widescreen transfer. Recommended

The Tracey Fragments. Tiny indie out of Canada directed by Bruce MacDonald featuring a pre-Juno Ellen Page in a performance I'm still convinced was Oscar worthy. Weird, dark, brutal and depressing, but great.