Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Tools    

A Nightmare on Elm Street Trailer #2

We now have a second official trailer for the upcoming remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street This is the first Elm Street film without Robert Englund in the striped jumper and razor glove; instead we have the inspired casting choice of Rorschach himself, Jackie Earle Haley.

The first Elm Street trailer pleasantly surprised a fair amount of people. You’ll notice that this new trailer still doesn’t give us a proper look at the new Freddy’s face (although you can see it (in a way) via the action figure). Showing less is a good thing for now.

Keeping him mostly hidden in shadows and just hearing Haley do that creepy-as-hell voice is enough to hook in an audience. Check out the new Elm Street trailer below:

A Nightmare on Elm Street creeps into theaters on April 30th, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

Keep Freddy out of the way and in the shadows and they might just pull this off. Gotta say I liked that trailer.
True that, I got to agree that the new trailer has made me a little bit more interested. Could be one of the better remakes, but im not going to hold my breath.

That final shot where the nurse turns into Freddy is a homage to the 4th Nightmare film, innit?

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors is the film in the mental hospital. That's the one where the nurse ties Joey to the bed with tongues.

Don't worry, it's the edited for tv version, so the nurse is wearing a bra. Curses!

TBH, I can't remember if there's a nurse in 'Dream Master' or not. I must take another look at those films. I used to watch them so often.

I would like to hear how you, the other posters, would re-make this film...I mean would you concentrate more on Freddies background and give it more of a 'ghostly' feel?
Or would you just continue in the young college age slasher genre...?
Or would you give it a more grainey 'Docu-horror' feel?

Or would you add a more demonic edge to it?

Or do you think it's fine the way it is?

@Starlite: I wouldn't remake this film.

Really, why do they have to do this? Yes, the original film was an 80's slasher; the acting wasn't phenomenal, it was goofy, you were more likely to cheer on the baddie than be afraid of him, etc. It wasn't a particularly scary film (though I must admit, just the idea of things killing me in my dreams has kept me awake at night a few times). But the original slasher was fun to watch, even through it's cheesey bits. We don't need another one. But, of course, Hollywood just needs to make a billion dollars on one movie, and so they create something that will do only that and not actually engage its audience.

I lol'ed when Haley did the whole 'not god, just me' thing in the trailer... He's still playing Rorshach - same voice and everything. I don't really blame him, though - I doubt he's getting good direction under Bay. And it's impossible to top Englund's performance.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They remake films to make money. That's all there is to it. You haven't noticed lately? There is no creativity. Although, the more creative you get, especially concerning the future, the bigger budget you get, apparently.

Jackie Earl Haley in the original The Bad News Bears could easily kick both Rorshach's and Kruger's asses and still have room for dinner and he was 12! So, this movie is already finished. Just be thankful for small favors.

It's sad what the film industry has turned into... It was never perfect, but it used to have a few standards.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors is the film in the mental hospital. That's the one where the nurse ties Joey to the bed with tongues.

Don't worry, it's the edited for tv version, so the nurse is wearing a bra. Curses!

TBH, I can't remember if there's a nurse in 'Dream Master' or not. I must take another look at those films. I used to watch them so often.

Lmao, I used to LOVE that scene!! I was about 11 when i first watched that and I had wet dreams for quite some time..ahhh, happy days! That nurse was fine as. Super rep spree if somebody finds out who the actress who played her is??

And yeah mate, watched part 4 again after your post and I was right, there was a short sequence where Freddy is dressed like as a nurse...pretty cringe worthy moment...

The movies nowadays... really arent all that scary

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love this poster and im really looking forward to see this even though at first I was horrified that they are making a remake of this series, but I really loved the Friday 13th remake

They better not ruin the original.