News

Tools    

this is typical of the liberal lobby to get defensive when pakistan is mentioned but abuse india .
Huh?

Sounds to me like China is only on NK's side.
It won't do anything if NK starts a nuclear war and ends the world as we know it? But they'll attack any country that tries to prevent NK from starting nuclear war and ending the world. It makes China sound as insane as Kim Jong Un.
I love how the media is equating Trump with the mad Kim. I mean it's not Trump detonating and firing off missiles left right and center and threatening NK with further "presents". The key to NK is actually China -- all they have to do is cut off Fat Boy's oil and NK's economy falls to it's knees. If Fat Boy attacks on US or Europe, I wonder how China will like loosing it's biggest market for it's goods?

Re hurricane: just learned today that a close family member is stuck in Turks and Caicos. Extremely worrying....😢

Pakistan is worse than India in all social indicators. It's per capita GDP is also lower than India. But British publications like 'economist' attack India only . Even BBC news publishes news showing only India in a bad light . And most of the mainstream media is liberal in it's political tilt .

I have talked to many liberals asking them as to why Pakistan is ignored. They say it is communal to target Pakistan because Pakistan is Muslim.

But I ask---why target India only then . The reason is clear---we Hindus don't raise hell when we are targeted and don't mind ourselves being denigrated in media . The Muslims of course will raise hell if they are targeted. It is safe to attack India. Yeah even physically safe. who knows, a person attacking Islam will become a target of a terror attack. But Hindus do nothing.

I didn't want to argue further but Yoda says a ban is in order if I don't back my words with argument. So this post.

Pakistan is worse than India in all social indicators. It's per capita GDP is also lower than India. But British publications like 'economist' attack India only . Even BBC news publishes news showing only India in a bad light . And most of the mainstream media is liberal in it's political tilt .

I have talked to many liberals asking them as to why Pakistan is ignored. They say it is communal to target Pakistan because Pakistan is Muslim.

But I ask---why target India only then . The reason is clear---we Hindus don't raise hell when we are targeted and don't mind ourselves being denigrated in media . The Muslims of course will raise hell if they are targeted. It is safe to attack India. Yeah even physically safe. who knows, a person attacking Islam will become a target of a terror attack. But Hindus do nothing.

I didn't want to argue further but Yoda says a ban is in order if I don't back my words with argument. So this post.
Hearkening back to the cartoon riots (who would have ever thought there'd really be something called the "cartoon riots") and the Charlie Hebdo terror attack. Same principle.

This is why we need more "draw Muhammad" events: to "help" radical Islamists overcome their sensitivity and learn to be like all other religions who don't seem to have any major problem with having their dogma mocked or *gasp* criticized for its history or its tenets (or even if they do have a problem, they don't go on mass murder sprees over it).

Speaking of which - funny how the terror attack at that event is never talked about and the name of the hero cop that saved countless lives by taking out the terrorists was never released. I know the official story is to protect him and his family from further terrorist attacks - but the media is always trying to push the "fact" that there are no dangerous Jihadists in the U.S., and there is no teaching in Islam that would make any followers seek to exact revenge on the cop. With that narrative it's hard to understand why they wouldn't release the cop's name.

And speaking of cops - just another prediction fulfilled - I think somewhere on this thread I predicted how the story of the cop who shot the Australian woman at point blank range, in front of his partner and through the squad car window as the woman was talking to his partner would just disappear (because the cop was the child of Muslim refugees, was black, and was part of a police department diversity program to get more Muslims on the force)! Surprise - no explanations, no resolution, no following on the news, no updates. Nothing. Try Googling the story - all news updates end in early August.

"News" should be renamed as cover-ups, whitewashing, fact-hiding and revisionist history.

...I think somewhere on this thread I predicted how the story of the cop who shot the Australian woman at point blank range, in front of his partner and through the squad car window as the woman was talking to his partner would just disappear (because the cop was the child of Muslim refugees, was black, and was part of a police department diversity program to get more Muslims on the force)! Surprise - no explanations, no resolution, no following on the news, no updates. Nothing. Try Googling the story - all news updates end in early August.

"News" should be renamed as cover-ups, whitewashing, fact-hiding and revisionist history.
Damn that's interesting and shocking. That sounds like the theme of the novel and movie 1984. Can anybody here find any info on what happened to that cop? Please try, it would be interesting to know.

Damn that's interesting and shocking. That sounds like the theme of the novel and movie 1984. Can anybody here find any info on what happened to that cop? Please try, it would be interesting to know.
I tried a quick Google search, but couldn't find any updates more recent than August 6th - which only gave the same known info. No update on the cop, no lawyers statements, no explanations, not even any info on any ongoing investigation into the incident. It's like it never even happened.

This is what bugs me about the "News" - there are stories like this all the time, they make huge headlines for a couple days and then, most of the time, we never even hear what ultimately happened - and you have to be some kind of detective to find out.

I tried a quick Google search, but couldn't find any updates more recent than August 6th - which only gave the same known info. No update on the cop, no lawyers statements, no explanations, not even any info on any ongoing investigation into the incident. It's like it never even happened.

This is what bugs me about the "News" - there are stories like this all the time, they make huge headlines for a couple days and then, most of the time, we never even hear what ultimately happened - and you have to be some kind of detective to find out.
I believe you, I just hoped somebody would pour through the internet and see if they could find a scrap of evidence.

Have you seen the movie 1984? I was shocked by how much it predicted the media's spin and rewriting of current events.

I believe you, I just hoped somebody would pour through the internet and see if they could find a scrap of evidence.

Have you seen the movie 1984? I was shocked by how much it predicted the media's spin and rewriting of current events.
Haven't seen it in a loooong time. But I did read your recent reviews of the two movie versions and now would like to see both. I know I've seen the one with John Hurt.
Plus, (not to go too far off topic on the wrong thread... oops too late!) when I read your review of the John Hurt version I kept getting images of V for Vendetta... then it hit me; it was John Hurt playing the role of the information-controlling dictator in that film!

And speaking of cops - just another prediction fulfilled - I think somewhere on this thread I predicted how the story of the cop who shot the Australian woman at point blank range, in front of his partner and through the squad car window as the woman was talking to his partner would just disappear (because the cop was the child of Muslim refugees, was black, and was part of a police department diversity program to get more Muslims on the force)! Surprise - no explanations, no resolution, no following on the news, no updates. Nothing. Try Googling the story - all news updates end in early August.

So, you are trying to say that this perceived absence of new information regarding this case is some sort of evidence of a larger scale cover-up of muslim-related crimes? Time to take the tinfoil hat off Cap.

Just a reminder, this is an ongoing investigation. There are very strict guidelines regarding releasing of new information to the press during an ongoing investigation. Only after the investigation is closed will there be more info released. That is the real reason why there has been very little written since. Even so, I did try googling the story and found at least 3 articles published in the last day so not sure what you are talking about.
CBS News
Daily Telegraph
Lakeland
After the investigation is completed, the case will be turned to prosecutors who will most likely charge both officers.

So, you are trying to say that this perceived absence of new information regarding this case is some sort of evidence of a larger scale cover-up of muslim-related crimes? Time to take the tinfoil hat off Cap.

Just a reminder, this is an ongoing investigation. There are very strict guidelines regarding releasing of new information to the press during an ongoing investigation. Only after the investigation is closed will there be more info released. That is the real reason why there has been very little written since. Even so, I did try googling the story and found at least 3 articles published in the last day so not sure what you are talking about.
CBS News
Daily Telegraph
Lakeland
After the investigation is completed, the case will be turned to prosecutors who will most likely charge both officers.
Thanks for the links - your search skills are better than mine. Maybe I don't enter the right keywords.

There's still so much conflicting info in this case. I've read that Ms. Damond was shot when she approached the squad car and that she was shot as she was already engaged in conversation with the officer driving the car. I've read she was shot through the door and that she was shot through the window. Some reports say she was shot once, others say she was shot multiple times as if Officer Noor unloaded his gun on her.

I guess I'm desiring at least some kind of explanation from the cop or a summary of what happened from his partner.

I understand information being withheld during an investigation, but it seems in many police shootings, cops give an initial statement about their actions which is sometimes released to the public. I may be mistaken about this, but it seemed like, in the Michael Brown shooting, we heard Officer Darren Wilson's version of what happened shortly after. Is that correct?

Another thing that is just outrageous - Noor murdered someone, but just like the cop in Salt Lake City who arrested a nurse for no reason, these cops are put on "paid administrative leave." That's just another name for a paid vacation - you don't have to go to work and you get paid for sleeping late and doing whatever you want.

You kill someone in cold blood for no reason and are rewarded with a paid vacation - and not just a week or two, but it could be months or years! A cop in this situation could make a year's pay for doing nothing - reaping in salary as a reward for being a public-endangering psycho. Meanwhile good cops who are doing their jobs properly are out there risking their lives everyday and earning their money - wishing they had months off with pay.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
To actual news. Largest flare in 11 years which is expected to reach earth tonght (friday my time zone)

https://www.facebook.com/bureauofmet...5598595837368/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Re: the cover up. I believe its just a side effect of the 24-hour news cycle. Our society has become ADD sugar junkies. If it doesn't shine and sparkle, we lose interest. We've been taught that though having been spoon fed information in bite-sized increments. If it's not a flashy headline, it gets swallowed by whatever next tabloid topic spawns tomorrow.

Re: the cover up. I believe its just a side effect of the 24-hour news cycle. Our society has become ADD sugar junkies. If it doesn't shine and sparkle, we lose interest. We've been taught that though having been spoon fed information in bite-sized increments. If it's not a flashy headline, it gets swallowed by whatever next tabloid topic spawns tomorrow.
If stories about cops shooting innocent people in USA were printed every day during an internal affairs investigation (which is not going to happen anyway) that's the only news you'd get. Both cops have been ordered psychiatric assessment nd the Minneapolis police chief resigned. What more do people expect at this point.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

This really grinds my gears, here in the UK too.

Quite simply the best person for the job should be hired, if that results in 10 recruitment places being filled by large white men, then so be it. If it results in the places being filled by ethnic minority women then great, but it should be because they were the best suited for the position.

Same with promotions, what must it do to the morale of that white male officer who has worked his ass off, is the best suited and most deserving of a promotion to see that promotion go to someone less qualified just because they fit the political demographic.

There have been a couple of well documented cases in the Met Police, London in recent years, 2 high profile Muslim officers, clearly promoted due to diversity quota's. Both were a complete embarrassment and were kicked out on disciplinary issues. One was number 3 in the hierarchy of the Met, the other was a Commander (rank meaning they were in charge of a borough of London) who was caught throwing his weight around "do you know who the **** I am and what I will do to you" etc.

Some snowflakes would call this racist I'm sure but is it too much to ask that the best person for the job/promotion gets it?

Where was it ever claimed Noor was recruited because of a religion? Who even asks applicants what their religious beliefs are. Drawing a long bow there and it was an assumption anyway.

Where was it ever claimed Noor was recruited because of a religion? Who even asks applicants what their religious beliefs are. Drawing a long bow there and it was an assumption anyway.
Its a safe assumption to make. It's been well publicised that Police forces all over the place are trying to diversify the ranks, for Political reasons.

As I said, when is religion ever discussed during a recruitment process, and who wants someone dropping down 5 times a day to pray while a crime is being committed. The two cops are having their psychology exams subpoenaed which is why the police chief resigned. bringing Islam into this is the same old garbage to flame bait by the other guy. Never stops.

As I said, when is religion ever discussed during a recruitment process, and who wants someone dropping down 5 times a day to pray while a crime is being committed. The two cops are having their psychology exams subpoenaed which is why the police chief resigned. bringing Islam into this is the same old garbage to flame bait by the other guy. Never stops.
From the very beginning when an applicant films out a first step application form, Religion/ethnicity will be one of the questions.