Best spoofs of all time?

Tools    

Hmm- Kung Pow: Enter the Fist- GOTTA LOVE THAT MOVIE! I cried on it, laughing so hard! lol. It was great- I still love it. "Open da' mouth!"

And of course Scary Movie 1-3... lol

Neutral Milk Hotel
I dont really care about spoofs nor do I like them but the best one for me would have to be either Spaceballs or Young Frankenstein
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Yeah.

Zordock

motivationally deficient
robin hood Men In Tights.
Blazing Saddles
hot shots
kung pow

Kung Pow enter the fist for sure. i love the audio/visual and how it isn't sequenced...classic! are they making a sequel or was that part of the joke?

I have to go with Mystery Men on this one. I also though Galaxy Quest was pretty funny.

Young Frankenstein hands down.

I finally found out what the name was of the spoof I remembered from seeing it about 12 or so years ago.

If I remembered it from when I was about 10 years old I think it deserves to be the best movie.

The Private Eyes w/ Tim Conway & Don Knotts

It's hilarious.

how can u guys forget 1942???? That was a classic john balushi movie, noone remembers it

Oh and as for spaceballs:

[lord Helmet kills cameraman]
helmet: "It was him!"
hero: "WHAT!!!!"
[resume "swartz" fight]

Originally Posted by Shadow Otaga
how can u guys forget 1942???? That was a classic john balushi movie, noone remembers it
I remember it.

If Its Got Large Pointy Teeth, RUN!
I think Young Frankenstein was excellent especially where the "Monster" meets the blind man...sheer genius. Mel Brooks the godfather of spoofs.

Lets not forget the fearless vampie killers not so much a spoof, but damned funny.

i'm not sure if its already here but mine would have to be this old star wars spoof called space balls

Spaceballs was a good one.

Haven't seen this one yet, but I just saw it at the video store. It's called My Big Fat Independent Movie. It spoofs on the independent genre which I don't think has been done before, looked entertaining but I didn't pick it up, will prob go back this weekend and check it out.

OOh My Big Fat Independent Movie is an awesome, awesome, spoof!!! I love spoofs, and this one was right up there with some of the best. I liked it better than the Scary Movie series and I think it was about time for a good spoof of indie films!

My friends and I have picked up MBFIM for our next movie night! We had a few others we were thinking of watching, and have decided that MBFIM is the one to watch when teh MOST of us can be there for movie night... that wa, we hope, between us we'll get all the jokes. (There' snothing worse than KNOWING something is funny or would be if we could just GET IT! )

I think my favorite spoof movie was, don't laugh too hard at me instead of the movie, Robin Hood: MIT. I say that mostly because I still remember it all these years later! The fact I still laugh when I think about it says it, at the very least, left an impression on me!

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by KathyBrowncoat
I think my favorite spoof movie was, don't laugh too hard at me instead of the movie, Robin Hood: MIT.
This is why being a British TV junkie is a problem, because when I read that I automatically assume you mean Robin Hood: Murder Investigation Team, and not Men in Tights

I suppose I'll always have a soft spot for Austin Powers: The Spy who Shagged Me.
"Mr English Colnel, tellin me ta lose weight. 'Oh, I'm a Hard Case' he says! Well listen up Sonny Jim, I Ate A Baby!"