The Thing

Tools    

I remember this topic being mentioned in here, after making my avatar. He is one of the things. He isn't totally done changing, but he's pretty damn close. His breath shows up normally.
I've always assumed that it was Childs, especially since MacReady had just got done blowing up the ship, and everything else.

"Yeah, f@ck you too!"

I can't imagine for a second that it's him. He even questioned Child's whereabouts.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the breath showing, not showing, throughout the film. Past John Carpenter really trying to make people wonder about it. Either way, it worked.

The Thing ROCKED! I cant believe of all the whacked out unnecessary sequels out there that The Thing never had one. Oh well.

I liked the original 1951 film which was creepy. The 1982 remake was good too, and far nearer John W Campbell Jr's original story.

I am the Nightrider!
My personal favorite horror film. R.J. MacReady is one of the best heroes of horror-lore.

-UJ

Ok, this is the scoop, the skinny, the sitch on John Carpenter. I read that he maybe working on something for a thing called Masters of Horror.It's an excellent analysis of the film, and offers up an intriguing theory regarding its ending, enjoy Part 1 above, Part 2 (with ending theory) below.

Ok, this is the scoop, the skinny, the sitch on John Carpenter. I read that he maybe working on something for a thing called Masters of Horror.It's an excellent analysis of the film, and offers up an intriguing theory regarding its ending, enjoy Part 1 above, Part 2 (with ending theory) below.
Please see my post on page 1, thanks.

I see where you're coming from atonements have to be made to cross the medium i didnt hate it i suppose any kind of expansion on the thing universe is a bonus,i read just the other day they're remaking taxi driver oh the humanity!