Prince of Persia

Tools    

Kingsley looks like pure evil in that poster, I love it. Him plus a buff and tough Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie, I’m already sold.

Disney finally previewed the trailer at D23 last week (apparently it’s unfinished so we won’t get to see it for awhile):

“Overall, the trailer was beautifully shot, atmospheric, action-packed and exactly what one would hope from a Prince of Persia film. With the release date (May 28, 2010) still a ways away, who knows when viewers will be able to see the trailer in theatres. But we can assure those of you who might be anxious that it should be worth the wait.”

Sounds even better to me!

you just made my night now I can sleep calmly.I swear I was thinking today when are they gonna launch the trailer yet as if you read my mind.jrs thank you so much that is like the most anticipated movie of all time for me based on the best action adventure video game for the first time I am happy to see one of my favorite game not ruined by Uwe Boll but actually made into a huge Hollywood summer blockbuster ahh sweet,sweet mmm

Wow, that looks all kinds of amazing. Looks like Bruckheimer captured all the fun from the Pirates movies and it looks like Mechner definitely had influence in keeping elements of the game in there too. Thanks for posting!

Prince of Persia sneak peak

Jake Gyllenhaal attended the Spike TV 2009 Video Game Awards recently and he presented a ’sneak peak’ at Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. We’ve seen most of it in the trailer but there were a few new shots.

&feature=player_embedded

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time will be released next July and as well as Gyllenhaal the films stars Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton and Alfred Molina.

Source: Filmonic

Here's another featurette about Dastan (Jake Gyllenhaal), with some new, pretty cool action scenes:

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Can't wait to see this movie.. Jake is one of the best actor and Walt disney films are always a hit..

Definitely love Jake! I think he kind of looks like the prince from the games too, at least "Warrior Within", no?

Also, here's an interview with Jordan Mechner, the game's creator: http://www.gamingangels.com/2010/01/interview-with-prince-of-persias-jordan-mechner

Pretty interesting read. Seems like a lot of people who were into the games also worked on the film so chances of it being good should be pretty high!

New trailer for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Disney has released a second trailer for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The first trailer has been keeping me entertained for the past few months, so it’s good to have another epic trailer to stick on repeat. This new one explains more of the story and showcases a bunch of special effects heavy scenes, which are probably completed by now seeing as though the film was originally going to be released last summer.

&

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina and will be released on May 28th.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
The trailers are looking great Im looking forward to seeing this movie.

I agree - I've really liked the clips & trailers so far - shows a ton of action and cool special effects. Seems like the makings of a good summer blockbuster so far!

Excited about this movie. Anyone else play the videogame?