Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I don't know, mate, as I said, I don't think it's become anything. As with everything else, it's just refined the process and let in a little daylight on the magic. These fans are no different to Beatlemania, The Bay City Rollers, Brosettes and all the others. I suppose the biggest change is that they used to be what your children listened to and that's where they stayed. Now, with celebrity culture and music omnipresent, you can't escape it and it's taken on a importance and influence it didn't have before.

When Kurt blew his brains out, most of my interest in music went with them.

TV music competitions (..idol)
American Idol isn't all that bad. It's actually the better of them all to be honest (and more entertaining with the ones who can't sing whatsoever). If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
People who ring the house EVEN though they know someone has done a night shift and will be sleeping. This hasnt happened today but in the past.

Female Jungle Poster
I don't know if this one has been posted yet, but folks who cavalierly hold up cashier lines by talking on their cells instead of completing their transactions.

Their rudeness is astonishing.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I don't know if this one has been posted yet, but folks who cavalierly hold up cashier lines by talking on their cells instead of completing their transactions.

Their rudeness is astonishing.
I agree with this. Basically, anyone who isn't an old person should be on their way as soon as they've paid. They should also have their money/payment method ready. If you've been in the queue for 5 minutes and are then asked to pay and not ready? What did you think was going to happen? Same thing with people getting on a bus and then
'discovering' they have to pay.

BTW, I let old people off because I fear that that little conversation with the cashier could be the only person they talk to that day.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im the same with old people if they are being slow etc its not their fault, but other people who take their time as if they havent got a care in the world really get on my nerves.

^ If I'm behind someone in a queue say at the supermarket and they are holding everything up because they are on their mobile phone, if there is space behind what they are buying, I always slam/drop my things down on the counter/moving belt while staring at them, that seems get their attention and work.

Don't get me started on people talking on phones blocking the supermarket aisles moving really slow with their trolley because they are in some thrilling conversation...

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
American Idol isn't all that bad. It's actually the better of them all to be honest (and more entertaining with the ones who can't sing whatsoever). If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood.
The concept is the same in all of them...

And what annoys me the most in all of them is that creates an impression that is easy to have a career as a musician, that is something you just have since the day you are born and that a good voice and attractive looks is all you need to succeed! Even the casting process, they make you sing a song from any pop artist, excluding all kinds of creativity! The big producers and recording companies just feed themselves with the same formula all over again!

As a musician, that offends me!

And what annoys me the most in all of them is that creates an impression that is easy to have a career as a musician, that is something you just have since the day you are born and that a good voice and attractive looks is all you need to succeed! Even the casting process, they make you sing a song from any pop artist, excluding all kinds of creativity! The big producers and recording companies just feed themselves with the same formula all over again!

As a musician, that offends me!
Not really. Sure if you win you may get a chance to a recording contract and whatnot, but to wind up like Jennifer Hudson ist surely not easy. And I'm sure the people who try out know this. And yes a good voice is something you are born with. In the casting process of Idol per say, not everyone are made to sing a song from a pop artist or a known singer...many come on singing their own songs. And get chosen to continue. American Idol does repeat the same formula on it's show, but it has found some amazing talent over the years. So has The Voice. You have to give these shows some credit even though they do sometimes get dragged out.

What annoys me is parents who tend to ignore their child's bad behavior but the rest of the world has to listen to the child whine and cry. Parents need to man up and discipline that child. Children need to learn at a young age how to act politely in the world. Whining and Crying doesnt do anything but make you have enemies as a child/preteen/teen and eventually an adult.. It shows that you are spoiled and lack respect for the world around you.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
What annoys me is parents who tend to ignore their child's bad behavior but the rest of the world has to listen to the child whine and cry. Parents need to man up and discipline that child. Children need to learn at a young age how to act politely in the world. Whining and Crying doesnt do anything but make you have enemies as a child/preteen/teen and eventually an adult.. It shows that you are spoiled and lack respect for the world around you.
As a parent I completely agree with you on this point. It seems people dont understand the need to discipline their offspring. Its simple, if your child does something wrong they get punished. Im not saying be nasty or horrible to the child but teach them right from wrong and to respect others. We do and have with our two and they are the nicest kids you can meet (I know I have to say that ) But its all what you put in to the children. If you drag them up they will be toerags and believe me there are loads of them round here. There is nothing worse as a parent as going somewhere and seeing a kid aged about 6 or 7 carrying or pushing a new born baby in the street at night with nothing just a babygrow on and the parents are no where to be seen. We saw this a while ago and it infuriated me because it was quite cold and what if the kid dropped the baby or someone took it. The laziness on parents is the main problem, they are to lazy to do anything with the kids and they see the kids crying for something and instead of teaching them the importance of money or you have to behave to have what you want, they just give in and give the kid whatever they are crying for.
Children and dogs. Basically, you bring them up the same way.
Ive seen people treating their dogs better than the children.

People who smoke around their children infuriates me and especially when the kid has bad asthma. Im talking about a person I know here and I have told them about it.

Female Jungle Poster
People who smoke around their children infuriates me and especially when the kid has bad asthma. Im talking about a person I know here and I have told them about it.
I'm (sadly) a heavy smoker, and even I agree wholeheartedly with this. I'll even stand far apart from others at a bus stop if I'm smoking. It's pollution, pure and simple.

Speaking of which, my peeve for the day is folks who drive unnecessarily to the corner store, the bank, etc. If your destination is a block or two away, the weather is nice, and you're not ill or injured, can't you simply walk once in awhile? I caught a hellaciously stinky lungful of jeep exhaust yesterday from my neighbor; I was most displeased and let him know it in no uncertain terms.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Children and dogs. Basically, you bring them up the same way.
I'll agree to that. I don't have kids, but the principles of behavior are universal. A lot of parents teach their children the power of negative reinforcement, as do dog owners. I'll cry until you cave because it's such an annoying sound; I'll bark until you cave because it's such an annoying sound.

I never use positive punishment when training a dog. It's unnecessary. Negative punishment, yes. If you want to chew that bone, you'll chew it on your mat or you won't have the bone anymore. Also works great for kids. (Substitute bone for toy )

Female Jungle Poster
Waking up far too early on a workday. By the time I have to report in, I'm ready to sleep again.

Waking up far too early on a workday. By the time I have to report in, I'm ready to sleep again.
I hate waking up early on my days off, today i woke at 5am, dam sun