Things that annoy you...

Tools    

9/11 was a horrible tragedy and we shouldn't ever forget it. But there is something I'd like to address. I saw a post saying this on twitter today.
"Obama said Muslims have built the fabric of our nation. Funny. I only remember them tearing it down."
ONE: They haven't torn us down. We are still here.
TWO: It is completely wrong to accuse all Muslims of what happened on 9/11. It was a group of EXTREMIST Muslims. The values of those extremist Muslims are not the same as all Muslims. Most Muslims hate what happened on 9/11 because it gives them a bad name and most of them despise the tragedy of what happened to us. Everyone now thinks that every Muslim is a terrorist and hates America but that is so far from the truth. It's like saying that all Christians are like the people from the Westboro Baptist Church. Quit blaming an entire religion for something that a few extreme radicals did.
I don't care if I get a lot of hate for this, it had to be said.
Fire walk with me.

the 9/11/11 things really start to get old imo it's ok we can understand the horrible tragedy around it but please don't talk about it all day long ... omg

I've yet to meet anyone talking about it "all day long." There's just a lot of people on the Internet talking about it individually. Which seems pretty reasonable to me.

I've yet to meet anyone talking about it "all day long." There's just a lot of people on the Internet talking about it individually. Which seems pretty reasonable to me.
I'm not just talking about internet ... the media , the conference , the television ,etc. And i'm from Canada so....

...so you lack empathy for the nation it happened to?

People care about this, and it was a big deal, so it's a reasonable thing to care about. As far as I can tell you are not remotely harmed by other people choosing to care about it. Nobody's interrupting your favorite shows to bombard you with retrospectives, right? If you're not talking about the Internet, then what other part of your life are you being subjected to this against your will?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
the 9/11/11 things really start to get old imo it's ok we can understand the horrible tragedy around it but please don't talk about it all day long ... omg

Here in New York, where we lost friends, relatives, co-workers, etc., it will always be a part of our lives, and talking about it is just our way of coping.

...so you lack empathy for the nation it happened to?

People care about this, and it was a big deal, so it's a reasonable thing to care about. As far as I can tell you are not remotely harmed by other people choosing to care about it. Nobody's interrupting your favorite shows to bombard you with retrospectives, right? If you're not talking about the Internet, then what other part of your life are you being subjected to this against your will?
Here in Quebec we got actually a tragedy that happens very recently...The Lac-Megantic derailment train http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-M%C...tic_derailment and I'm sure at 99% that you never heard about it before... and btw I've got empathy for those innocents peoples who died in this ugly real nightmare but 13 years later it's old.... I prefer to look to the future rather than the past but don't get me wrong I've got a lot of empathies for those peoples and their families ...

Comparing tragedies is a little crude, if you ask me, but there are some pretty obvious reasons why 9/11 gets more attention. The first is that roughly seventy times more people died that day. The second is that it was a deliberate attack on civilians, and not an accident. Accidents are terrible, too, but horror that is chosen is a different animal. Suffering is always lamentable, but when it is willfully inflicted, when the suffering is the goal of the act, the heartbreak is multiplied by outrage.

I don't know what it really means to "look at the future," but I don't see why it's incompatible with remembering the past. And more to the point, this isn't really about what you happen to prefer. Nobody's giving your grief for choosing not to remember the victims; the issue is suggesting that people who do are somehow bothering you.

Comparing tragedies is a little crude, if you ask me, but there are some pretty obvious reasons why 9/11 gets more attention. The first is that roughly seventy times more people died that day. The second is that it was a deliberate attack on civilians, and not an accident. Accidents are terrible, too, but horror that is chosen is a different animal. Suffering is always lamentable, but when it is willfully inflicted, when the suffering is the goal of the act, the heartbreak is multiplied by outrage.

I don't know what it really means to "look at the future," but I don't see why it's incompatible with remembering the past. And more to the point, this isn't really about what you happen to prefer. Nobody's giving your grief for choosing not to remember the victims; the issue is suggesting that people who do are somehow bothering you.
If you compare the population in New-York with the population of the Lac-Mégantic ...

Lac-Mégantic got 5 932 peoples in all the city

New-York got 8,33M of peoples ....

It make a very big difference for me ...

I don't know why you think that's relevant. If one person lives in an area and they die, that's 100% of that "population," but it would be absurd to expect it to have a greater impact than either of these tragedies. And the logic is backwards, anyway: terrorist attacks are specifically designed to frighten people, so having more people in the area of the attack makes it more significant, not less. This is the difference between an accident and an attack, which I already mentioned.

I think this comparison is pretty obtuse, and I think the sentiment driving it is petty. I sincerely hope you reconsider the way you've chosen to think about all this. But whether you do or not, I still don't see how other people choosing to commemorate the day actually inconveniences you.

Can we please just have some respect for those who passed away and their families especially today. Let's not get into a debate. Can't we just have peace today, especially since thirteen years ago today peace was the last thing that happened.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Can we please just have some respect for those who passed away and their families especially today. Let's not get into a debate. Can't we just have peace today, especially since thirteen years ago today peace was the last thing that happened.
This.

the 9/11/11 things really start to get old...

My mother lost a very dear friend in NYC during 9/11 Gary R. Box. He was one of the firefighters on duty. My mom and I visited his father Jud Box a bunch of times in Florida when I lived there on September 11th to be with him. We had lunch him and stuff and just talk.

This is the final photo of Gary ..

The tragedy on September 11th will never end. Unfortunately.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
TV music competitions (x factor, pop idol...)

The music market has enough garbage, do not feed it even more!
This is true, but I do like seeing the crazy people in the auditions.

TV music competitions (x factor, pop idol...)

The music market has enough garbage, do not feed it even more!
I'm with you 100%. I dont' even watch the idiots.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I'm with you 100%. I dont' even watch the idiots.
The problem with these shows are they take people who have some sort of talent and bend them into a 'popstar' and I use the term lightly. There is no one these days who will actually work for their dream, they just want to get it handed to them and I think it is slowly killing the music industry off. I have seen some people go on these shows whos voice would suit a rock group and done correctly could become quite successful but its easier to ruin their chances in shows like this.

I think it's changing it, but I don't think it's ruining it. People behind the bands/creating bands from audions is nothing new. Go back to the late 50's and you'll see Joe Brown, Billy Fury, Marty Wilde, etc, all basically picked off the street because of the way they looked and 'made' into pop stars. It wasn't meant to be a career. It was just to make money until the next fad came along. Slade were, pretty much, a blues band before Chas Chandler took them on. He liked what he heard, then changed it all and made them into skinheads because that's what got in the papers at the time. Kiss just whored themselves out as much as possible from the moment someone took notice of them and they've no problem admitting that.

It's like politics, it depends if you're willing to bend at the beginning and then if you can straighten up later. From what I've heard I think Pink is quite a good example. Her first album isn't the stuff she wanted to do, but neither was it the really poppy stuff they wanted from her. She hit big, slowly got more and more power and then made albums more like she wanted to.

Rock singers over here won't really work because the voting audience aren't interested.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Yeah I see what you mean, I just find it all horrible. The music, the people in charge of the 'artist', the awful music they spew out and the fans such as belibers etc. Its a shame what the music industry has become, with all this autotune rubbish. Even Rap these days isnt as good as it used to be.

Im just happy to listen to metal and rock. Cant go wrong with that as long as it isnt this emo/screamo stuff. Black Veil Brides I mean wtf?!?!