What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Just ordered Blow Out, the plot sounds interesting, seen several people recommend it.

I've never seen the appeal, but then, I've never seen the appeal of Blow Up, either and Blow Out's a mainstream version of that.

Purchased some favs from my youth, been neglecting some classics from the 80's for far far too long.

Also ended up watching a slew of horror during October, even though I wasn't participating in the challenge. I'll try to give my two-pence in the horror section soon.

^Good movie. Wished there'd been more follow through in Chazz Palminteri's character's pledge, I guess I want a sugerdaddy at heart, if so, it was because of his performace.

I've own two of these prior, made digital copies, not long after, lost them...

I'm trying to take take take, with dvds being so cheap now, very suspect of bluray lasting...

^ Just bought a blu-ray with Jessica Chastain in too:
You have a fetish for Jessica Chastain ...she's hot, I'll give you that

Of course I do!

^Good movie. Wished there'd been more follow through in Chazz Palminteri's character's pledge, I guess I want a sugerdaddy at heart, if so, it was because of his performace.
I've yet to see it, don't think it's out here in the UK.

very suspect of bluray lasting...
Blu-ray certainly isn't going anywhere anytime soon and apparently the next format requires a new television set and I can't see many people buying a new(I assume expensive) television in order to play the next format.

Blu-ray is all I buy for films now unless it's only out on DVD and every single person I know has a blu-ray player now.

Blu-ray is all I buy for films now unless it's only out on DVD and every single person I know has a blu-ray player now.
I don't. OK, you don't really know me, but still.

I'd expect Blu-ray to be dominant for another 7-10 years.

I remember the aftermath of beta/vhs, and then you have all these different file formats on top of that, I honestly can't see where all this is going and have plenty sufficient skepticism, my modo is 'load up on cheap dvd's', picture isn't everything besides, who's to say even these won't be modifiable with some future computer programer wiz and marketed as such?

I don't. OK, you don't really know me, but still.
Get one!

I honestly can't see where all this is going and have plenty sufficient skepticism, my modo is 'load up on cheap dvd's', picture isn't everything besides

Well that's where you and I differ, as a film fan I want the best picture quality that's out there that I can get at the moment, and blu-ray is that format. I'm not spending money on DVDs when I can get the film in much better quality.

who's to say even these won't be modifiable with some future computer programer wiz and marketed as such?
You will be waiting a long time.

Blu-ray players already upscale DVDs to look slightly better(enough that you can see a difference). So if can and you buy a blu-ray player, your DVDs will look better than they do now.

Hit! (1973) on dvd. Directed by Sidney J. (The Ipcress File) Furie

^ I wonder if toshiba got a kick-back from sony?

Ok, I'll give you this much, If you are buying a good deal of new releases, they are going to be a fair bit more regardless, paying two dollars less for a dvd copy is non-sense.

Had to add this to my library, yet again, replacing an old 'full-screen' copy I was duped into.