Some upcoming releases

Tools    

I received press releases for all of the titles below. Release dates are noted if they gave them to me.

09/18/01
Someone Like You

09/25/01
Heathers
SpaceCamp

10/02/01
The Mummy (1959)

10/09/01
Bad Boys (1983)
Halloween 4: The Return Of The Michael Myers SE
Timerider

10/16/01
Angel Eyes

10/23/01
Doctor Doolittle 2
Final Fantasy: SE 2-disc
Freddy Got Fingered
Funny Girl
Jabberwocky
On the Waterfront SE

10/30/01
Animal , The
Swordfish

11/02/01
Shrek 2-disc

11/06/01
Choose Me
Dominick and Eugene
Empire of the Sun
Gregory's Girl
Of Mice and Men
Woody Allen Gift Set, Volume 3 (includes Broadway Danny Rose, Hanna and Her Sisters, A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Radio Days and Zelig)

11/13/01
America's Sweethearts
Newsies
Toy, The

11/20/01
Angry Planet, The
At the Earth's Core
Breed, The
Dogs of War, The
Empire of the Ants
Eye for an Eye, An
Gang Related
I Bury the Living
Invasion U.S.A.,
Lone Wolf McQuade
Lord of the Flies
Morons from Outer Space,
People That Time Forgot, The
Strange Invaders
War-Gods of the Deep

NOVEMBER - Doctor Who and the Daleks
DECEMBER - Pearl Harbor
JANUARY - Reservoir Dogs: 10th Anniversary Special Edition

UNKNOWN - Little Women (1933)
UNKNOWN - Monty Python and the Holy Grail: SE
UNKNOWN - Now Voyager
UNKNOWN - Upstairs Downstairs: The Complete First Season and Monty Python Live!

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Guy
thanks for the info!

can't wait for the R. Dogs 10th anniversary!

No problem.

Ok...I received a 40 page listing for every studio for DVD releases through May of 2002. I'll sort through all these and report back on Sunday...hopefully. Most of these titles have special feature info if anyone is interested in that info once I get the titles on here. LOL. Got all that?

How 'bout A.I. amd Moulin Rouge?
What's this I hear about the Shrek dvd? You can substitute your own voice for the characters?

Thanks for the info on the DVDs though I know it already. I am a HUGE DVD follower/collector and fan and would love to discuss DVDs with anyone. Your news whether DVD, movies, TV and etc... I really appreciate you posting! For some reason I just checked out now instead of earlier which I should have. I love it!!!!!! I'm signing up for the newsletter right away. Talk to ya' again on forums....and maybe through e-mail ?

Originally posted by sunfrog
How 'bout A.I. amd Moulin Rouge?
What's this I hear about the Shrek dvd? You can substitute your own voice for the characters?
I've got complete specs for all three DVDs here that I'm still working on. It's taking awhile for me since a lot of this is classified info for the industry and my company - plus I got another stack of info today. I'll have excerpts from the press releases here in a few days.

Originally posted by jrs1013
Thanks for the info on the DVDs though I know it already. I am a HUGE DVD follower/collector and fan and would love to discuss DVDs with anyone. Your news whether DVD, movies, TV and etc... I really appreciate you posting! For some reason I just checked out now instead of earlier which I should have. I love it!!!!!! I'm signing up for the newsletter right away. Talk to ya' again on forums....and maybe through e-mail ?
Anytime JRS. You'll love the newsletter. I've been a huge movie fan for more years than I can count and I'm fortunate enough to find a job that I love that is related. Anytime you want to chat, just email me.

This is somewhat different what I posted under the Pearl Harbor thread.....

Pearl Harbor Press Release

INCREDIBLE $400 MILLION WORLDWIDE EPIC
COMES TO DVD AND VIDEO DEC. 4, 2001

PEARL HARBOR

DECEMBER 4: 60TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE EDITION INCLUDES HISTORICAL DOCUMENTARIES
AND DIRECTOR INTRODUCTION

DECEMBER 4: 60th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE GIFT SET
INCLUDES BONUS FILM:
"NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BEYOND THE MOVIE: PEARL HARBOR"

JANUARY 15, 2002: VISTA SERIES THREE-DISC DVD WITH DIRECTOR'S CUT

Burbank, Calif., August 15, 2001 - - All the heroism, adventure and drama from this year's biggest epic comes home as Touchstone Home Video is proud to present PEARL HARBOR, the sweeping wartime tale, on DVD and VHS, in three editions.

60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition: Available on December 4, 2001, three days before the 60th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor bombing, the 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition of PEARL HARBOR (on a two tape VHS set) includes a dynamic bonus documentary on the real attack on Pearl Harbor and that fateful day's unsung heroes, as well as the Faith Hill music video "There You'll Be". The two-disc DVD includes all VHS features as well as an introduction by Director Michael Bay, a documentary on the real life Pearl Harbor veterans and their return to the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial for the film's premiere, and insightful interviews with the cast. PEARL HARBOR on DVD is presented in DTS‚ and Dolby‚ Digital 5.1 Surround Sound with THX‚ Certification, in a widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) presentation that captures the sweep and drama of this important epic. VHS two-tape set: $24.99 (S.R.P.). DVD two-disc set: $29.99 (S.R.P.)
(more)

The 60th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Set: Available on December 4 on VHS and DVD. Each set contains all the features of the 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition, plus the fascinating companion movie, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BEYOND THE MOVIE: PEARL HARBOR, a unique and engrossing way to explore the story behind the epic PEARL HARBOR film. More than a documentary, this fascinating movie brings script, characters and footage from PEARL HARBOR together with a look at the real events, stories, heroes and places of Pearl Harbor. Employing clips from the epic film, interviews with the stars and their real-life counterparts, filmmakers, historians and others, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BEYOND THE MOVIE: PEARL HARBOR presents a truly unique way to explore one of the most provocative episodes in recent history through fact and film. Also included is National Geographic's 60th Anniversary Commemorative map: one side of the map provides a detailed overview of what happened at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. The other side of the map is an authentic replica of a world map from this time period, displaying political boundaries. VHS gift set: $39.99 (S.R.P.). DVD gift set $49.99 (S.R.P.).

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BEYOND THE MOVIE: PEARL HARBOR explores such questions as:

Was the United States prepared for the attack on Pearl harbor?

How did the Japanese pull off a surprise attack?
Were there any warning signs?
Did any Americans know about the attack before it happened?
How did the United States fight back at Pearl harbor?
What happened after Pearl Harbor?
How did the United States get back on track to enter the war?
VISTA Series: On January 15, 2002, PEARL HARBOR will be available as a three-disc VISTA (Vision, Imagination, Style, Theme, Artistry) series DVD, presenting the director's cut of the film, which differs from what was presented in theaters, and all the special programs, documentaries and featurettes from the 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition. In addition, the VISTA DVD offers filmmaker audio commentaries and fascinating "making of" featurettes that bring the viewer behind-the-scenes and into the filmmaking process. The creation of the incredible battle scenes in the movie are covered, from the on-set pyrotechnics to the computer-animated wizardry that brought these gripping scenes to life. Audiences can also explore the actual historical events that inspired the film through such features as timelines and a Pearl Harbor memorial art gallery. PEARL HARBOR is the second title in the VISTA series, a line of titles that represents a collaborative partnership with filmmakers that presents the definitive version of the filmmakers' cinematic vision, with premium picture and sound enhancements and in-depth supplemental bonus programming. Vista DVD: $39.99 (S.R.P.).

Inspired by the incredible bravery of the men and women who rose to the challenge of Pearl Harbor and World War II, filmmakers Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay, the team behind such box office blockbusters as "Armageddon" and "The Rock," have crafted an epic drama that recreates the life-changing events and the shocking, unforgettable bombing that became a turning point in history. PEARL HARBOR draws upon a superb cast of both veteran and up-and-coming Hollywood star talent in order to tell its larger-than-life tale. The cast includes such stand-outs as Ben Affleck ("Bounce," "Armageddon"), Josh Hartnett ("The Faculty"), Kate Beckinsale, ("The Golden Bowl"), Cuba Gooding, Jr. ("Men of Honor;" Academy‚ Award winner, Best Supporting Actor, 1997, "Jerry Maguire"), Tom Sizemore ("Red Planet"), Jon Voight ("Tomb Raider;" Academy‚ Award winner, Best Actor 1979, "Coming Home"), Colm Feore ("The Caveman's Valentine"), Dan Aykroyd ("Evolution") and Alec Baldwin ("State and Main").

In PEARL HARBOR, Rafe McCawley (Ben Affleck) and Danny Walker (Josh Hartnett) are childhood friends who both dream of flying. As the world becomes embroiled in World War II in the early 1940's, Rafe and Danny sign on with the United States armed forces, although America is still in an isolationist position. Eager to participate in combat, Rafe is compelled to join the British air fight against the Nazis, leaving his girlfriend, beautiful army nurse Evelyn Stewart (Kate Beckinsale) behind. When Evelyn and Danny are transferred to the military base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, they hear the news that Rafe has been shot down and killed. Hoping to move on after grieving, Danny and Evelyn find themselves in love. When Rafe returns alive, the three find themselves in an uncomfortable personal situation that is soon engulfed by the massive surprise attack on Pearl Harbor.

Putting aside their differences, Rafe and Danny join the desperate fight against the enemy invaders. The film's epic sweep intertwines Rafe and Danny's stories with the heroic efforts of such characters as "Dorrie" Miller (Cuba Gooding Jr.), a ship's cook turned fighter, Earl (Tom Sizemore), a courageous base mechanic, and Jimmy Doolittle (Alec Baldwin), the visionary pilot who would lead one of America's most famous counterattacks of the war. Dan Aykroyd also appears as the code breaking Captain Thurman and Jon Voight as President Franklin Roosevelt.

PEARL HARBOR has a running time of approximately 183 minutes and is close-captioned for the hearing-impaired. Rated "PG-13 For Sustained Intense War Sequences, Images of Wounded, Brief Sensuality and Some Language." NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BEYOND THE MOVIE: PEARL HARBOR is unrated with a running time of approximately 53 minutes, in both color and black and white, and is close-captioned for the hearing-impaired.

Touchstone Home Video is a subsidiary of Buena Vista Home Entertainment Inc., a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry for over 15 years. Buena Vista Home Entertainment is the sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVD product.

PEARL HARBOR DVD (ALL CONTENT AND RUNNING TIMES ARE TENTATIVE)

3-DISC VISTA, domestic release -January 15, 2002. Presented in DTS, with THX OPTIMIZER and maybe DOLBY HEADPHONE feature. Keep in mind that THX is hoping to produce an animated logo specifically designed for the PEARL HARBOR VISTA release.

DISC ONE

1. ANIMATED MAIN MENU - The tentative plans for the menus on all 3 discs are groundbreaking. If we proceed with the plan, several brand new sets will be built, and scenes will be shot just for vignettes incorporated in the innovative menuing system.

2. INTRO AND LETTERBOX EXPLANATION BY MICHAEL BAY
(Approximately 2 minutes)

3. PEARL HARBOR-THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (PART 1)

4. INTERMISSION SEQUENCE (with score)

5. SELECTABLE AUDIO COMMENTARIES (THROUGHOUT FILM)

Michael Bay with TBD
Technicians, including the DP, Production Designer, and Costume Designer

Jerry Bruckheimer with stars Ben Affleck, Kate Beckinsale, Josh Hartnett, and Alec Baldwin.
DISC TWO

1. PEARL HARBOR-THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (PART 2)
(Aside from commentaries, bonus will be split between discs 2 and 3)

DISC TWO & THREE

1. MAKING OF PEARL HARBOR SEGMENTS (Approximately 45 minutes) Each segment will let DVD viewers be a fly on the wall and actually listen in as the film's technicians, actors, and the director makes a blockbuster. These are compelling segments cut without narration or interviews. Segments will be;
a) BATTLESHIP ROW ATTACK
b) SANDBAG EXPLOSION
c) DORRIE MILLER AT THE GUNS
d) THE AIRFIELD ATTACK
e) THE SCRAMBLE TO THE PLANES
f) THE DUD BOMB
g) THE OKLAHOMA GIMBLE
h) THE DOOLITLE RAID

1. THE SURPRISE ATTACK - A MULTI-ANGLE BREAKDOWN OF THE FILM'S MOST EXCITING SEQUENCE. (Approximately 30 minutes) Includes;
a) Video intro by Michael Bay
b) Multiple video tracks that will include pre-visualization: storyboards, artwork, animatics, effects plates, green screen, and final sequence--all accessible by switching angles.
c) Various selectable audio tracks, including;
o English Composite (5.1)
o Production Audio (1.0 or 2.0)
o Sound Effects (5.1)
o Music (2.0 or 5.1)
d) Commentaries from veterans, potentially moderated by an ABC NEWS personality (Peter Jennings, Sam Donaldson, Ted Koppel or David Brinkley)

1. PEARL HARBOR HISTORIC TIMELINE - A set-top interactive feature produced by documentarian Charles Kiselyak. Through an innovative animated timeline, viewers will be able to select historic videos, audio clips, text, or photos that set the stage for the events in Hawaii, or follow how they impacted world events that transpired as a result of the conflict. (Approximately 30 minutes)

2. FAITH HILL MUSIC VIDEO (Approximately 4 minutes)

3. BOOT CAMP - this segment follows the actors as they take preparation for their roles to an extreme. In the first entertaining segment, Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnett and their co-stars are put through grueling paces by an over-enthusiastic drill sergeant. We hope to have Josh and Ben supply a selectable audio commentary for this segment. The second segment follows Alec Baldwin through his officer training. (Approximately 30 minutes)

4. SUPER-8 MONTAGE - A collection of unseen super-8 footage shot for potential use in the movie by Michael Bay's visual assistant, Mark Palansky.

5. ANIMATIC - Early computer concepts from Michael Bay

Bad news - I received info today that the anniversary edition of Reservior Dogs as been pushed back to July 2002. Studio says a few things need 'tweaking'.

Hi jrs,

I'm afraid I can't allow press releases to be directly copied onto this site. I don't want a legal battle on my hands. I hope you understand.