Major Paramount info for the Star Trek DVDs

Tools    

Hi all.

I got a look at the new Star Trek: The Motion Picture DVD 2-disc that is due for release on 10/30/01. The set is sweet with deleted scenes and special effects footage that was reshot with today's CGI technology. So after I reviewed the disc, I emailed my Paramount contact about the watermarking and some other tech questions I had, when he dropped a little bomb on me.

He said that Paramount will be releasing the Star Trek set of all 9 films by December, but then starting in February of next year, they will re-release 2-9 as Special Edition 2 disc sets just like The Motion Picture release. He said the specs were done and faxed me the info. The special features are similiar to the first film including deleted scenes, interviews, trailers, commentaries, featurettes, etc.

Then around Thanksgiving of 2002, right before 'Star Trek 10: Nemesis' hits theaters, Paramount will release all 9 Special Editions in one box set along with a tenth disc featuring info from ST conventions, TV parodies (SNL), and behind-the-scenes info...including the official ceremony that named the space shuttle Enterprise and the scattering of Gene Roddenberry's ashes in space. Little snipets of these releases are supposed to be advertised on the upcoming DVD releases of Voyager, ST:TNG, and DS9...if the final specs for each series pans out.

Pretty cool. I'm a huge Trekkie and can't wait for the ultimate set. Just sucks to wait another year, but oh well, it'll be worth it.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Cool
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Star Trek DVDS??? OH No!!!!!! hehe