Life Changing Movies

Tools    

I think the movie social network has some life lessons. I did learn some stuff from that movie. I think idea just rule whatever you do.

Forrest Gump

Marnie
American History X
Life is beautiful
Lawrence of Arabia
forrest gump
philadelphia
braveheart
saving private ryan
inglorious bastards
dark sunday

The Pursuit of happiness is a life changing movie for me. awesome movie !

A film that changed me in terms of eye opening was 'Das Boot'. First it showed a view of the axis side in WWII that I was never taught in school, school was very much about the allied persective and the holocaust and germans being the bad guys and Hitler being the worst man in history, etc... nothing about how the German side of things was and why they were that way.
After this film I researched all I could on the history of both WWs and am still flabergasted as to why the education system STILL omits so much. Its very important people really understand the full story.

Wow, there are several movies I think of as effecting my life:

Real Genius
LostboYs
Labyrinth
Tron (the original, not that new crap)
The Breakfast Club
Amelie
The Karate Kid (the original, not the KUNG FU based/NON Karate new film)

There are a few others, but I can honestly say that every single movie I listed has had a direct effect on my life in some way (that is I don't simply enjoy these films, but they've had a measurable impact on my life and who I am)-

Due to my age many of the John Hughes films had an impact on my life.

From the book...Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch (1934 release). True to life is the fact that sometimes major changes occur only after someone has died. As true then as it is today. 911 and Oslo would be good examples.

October Sky with Jake Gyllenhaal was definitely a life changing movie for me. Best movie ever!

Dead Poet's Society although it doesn't have a long lasting effect. But if you want to do something important and you need more confidence,watch it.
The movie which changed my viewpoint of life is Forrest Gump.It taught me to look at life in a simple way,not to complicate everything.And of course,life is like a box of chocolates.

Donnie Darko, by far. Also, Good Will Hunting.

When I was little more than a rugrat with my eyes perpetually glued to the television, I was transfixed by this animated film that came on the tube about a boy in the land of people with pointy heads who himself does not have a point.

I never knew the film's name, but throughout the decades it stuck with me as a parable on justice, discrimination, ostracization and conformity.

I always wondered what that film was until last year I watched the documentary Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him)? Lo and behold, the doc revealed that Harry Nilsson was the man behind this movie The Point. It was his story, music and production (with the help of others).

The movies we see in our formative years often have the most profound impact on us.

Star Wars changed my life :P Joking.

The movies that had the most impact was Blade Runner because it makes you question what is it to be human. Can we definitively define what a human being is? The only difference between us and animals is that we are savage through consumerism, a conditioned savageness that wreaks havok on other animals and our environment, but savage nonetheless. Are we kinder than other animals? No. Are we smarter? Yes, but is that the only measure of humanity? Of course not.

The movie sparked many questions for me, questions which are still difficult to answer.

So, no movie can really be life changing... but may stir your sight in a different direction. Here's my list. Not in any order.

Being There (1979) <- The original Forest Gump
The Razor's Edge (1984)
Y Tu Mamá También (2001)
The Last Kiss (2006)
Charly (1968)
Annie hall (1977)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
Thank You For Smoking (2005)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
The Invention of Lying (2009)
The Distinguished Gentleman (1992)
Lost In Translation (2003)
The Answer Man (2009)
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (2012)
I Heart Huckabees (2004)
Watchmen Directors Cut (2009)
Bickford Shmecklers Cool Ideas (2006)
Slam (1998)
Idiocracy (2006)