Toy Story 3 vs. Avatar

Tools    

I say smell, not a good story unless you can smell the, whatever.

Dude, that's old technology. Cameron's next film is going to be shot with a special Space-Time camera that warps gravity to the point at which the film ends at the same time it begins.

Nice. I thought for a second you were referencing the re-release with like 15 more mins, but i guess that will just make it seem like it doesn't end. I'm sure they'll consider it as they work on another excuse to charge more.

Thanks for posting. Their set-up reminds me of Selznick's productions. So much planning and attention to story. Drove him to obsession but I think it makes Pixar so successful.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Well... seems the opening weekend certainly threw my estimates way off, I never thought it would get much past $350 million in America, but it's just beaten Spider-Man.

Back to the Box Office school for newbies for me...

I don't think so it can beat the Avatar's collection.....

$1,012,059,221 well it crossed the billion mark.
Toy Story 3 had a bit of a bigger audience with those younger people who saw the original going back to see Andy and how he adapts to going off to college. The original viewers of Toy Story can really relate to this as they are in the same position as Andy. So this aspect brought in more viewers to the film. Still though to say it is going to beat out Avatar. This film had the whole James Cameron trying to beat out Titanic and it also was a film that reached all ages. Nevertheless, both films produced great numbers and can be loved by many, although I myself didn't enjoy Avatar that much.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
do you think toy story can make more money than avatar, so far its made $155,107,189 so it looks set to make big??
that depends.

Are you strictly talking about the theatrical run and dvd sales and rental market of the actual film?

or..

Including the ridiculous about moolah that merchandising of Toy Story will garner come the Holiday season?

that depends.

Are you strictly talking about the theatrical run and dvd sales and rental market of the actual film?

or..

Including the ridiculous about moolah that merchandising of Toy Story will garner come the Holiday season?
This is a very good point. The Toy Story Empire will make a ton of money on sales of toys that Avatar will not have as much.

I didn't think so...

According to me the answer is no.

I liked avatar better

Toy Story 3 movie is well creation of pixer studios and having a great touch of animations in it or can say its a another world of colorful animated characters woody and andy. On the other hand , Avatar having its own grace and don't require any of the publicity to outstanding at box office.

Toy Story 3 all the way, hands down way better than Avatar. The only thing I have say Avatar had going for it was some of the visuals. Toy Story was the better story, characters and the way it was able to get you to relate and feel for the films as a whole. To be emotionally invested within the first 10 minutes is rare.

Toy Story 3 in every respect, Avatar (or should I say Dances with Smurfs ) is a trite rendition of a story that has been regurgitated a few too many times in recent years.