Steven Seagal

Tools    

He's a terrible actor but that's totally irrelevant! He hurts people, man. He hurts 'em good.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I am not really a fan of him :/ i don't think that he is a very good actor. Have not seen any of his films lol
How can you be his fan when you haven't seen any of his movies yet?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I just watched Hard To Kill, and that blood bank line has got to be one of the most awesome one-liners ever. The movie itself is pretty good (gets a
from me), but that one line is better than the film itself.

^ Humm, I don't remember saying that he isn't my cup of tea... And yes I like Horror, but as you can see from other topics, I like martial arts/action films also. Do keep up.

Ok, so you like action but you don't like Steven Segal, who is all about action but whatever spins your wheels, I'm all for it. I was surprised, you did better than me in the Oscar poll , so it's not like you don't have a clue.
Maybe I am a bit quick to label you, but you youself know that first impressions can be a bithch. I'm learning some new stuff from you, which is always a good thing.

Read my above post again, slowly.
Ok, I slowed down. I was reffering to you prior comment where you said that you liked martial arts films but was wondering if Segal could even move his face now. Does that mean that you don't like him or feel that he is too old and too fat so he can't move and do good action scenes, but you have a layman's perception ( at least I assume you are not actively engaged in martial arts ) but I don't and can assure you that he can still move faster than a guy twice lighter. He's stubborn. He's been told about his image and that all he needs to do is lay off the food and the women and get rid of his long black trench coat, do 8 weeks of anabolic and arobic training and his image and his movies would become bankable again.
The guy is not a normal guy. He is like a Mark Hunt who you look at and think, what a tub of lard but ,that same tub of lard just ripped the head of a goliath looking specimen ( Cheik Congo ) and I made a lot of money on it. Never judge the book by it's cover. Rather try to undrstand the working of the book.

Semper Fooey
I'll say it. SS is too old and too fat these days to be an action star. He made a few good action movies at the beginning of his career, but in terms of acting ability he is the least talented actor that reached his level of stardom.

My comment was nothing to do with his weight/health/age... it obviously flew right over your head there.
Apparently most things you say to me go right over my head. Maybe you need to adjust frequences. If we are making an effort to communicate, it should not be a problem to understand each other, but you have the option of ignoring me, if it's getting to frustrating for you.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
steven segal is one of the most talented, naturally gifted actors out there.

Proof:

i always hear people complain about his 'lack of acting' but this is merely conformist behaviour. If people actually looked at his films in an unbiased manner, they'd find he is incredibly talented and has fantastic range.

His top 5 films would be:

1. Fire down below
2. Out of reach
3. Belly of the beast
4. Into the sun
5. Nico

it is disgraceful he is not widely recognised as a cinematic icon, surpassing even brando in terms of believability and plausability as an actor.

Hollywood's greatest shame was that segal never got best actor for any of his films at the oscars. Particularly for fire down below and out of reach, which were classics.
lol 10/10

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Anyone know how much Seagal or Van Damme get paid for their straight to DVD movies that they seem to thrash out these days?

Can't be a lot or perhaps they get gross points instead of a big fat fee.

I can't believe I still haven't seen any of his films... awesomely bad action is something I never tire of.

The action itself is good; most everything else is a bit cheesy though....
What's specifically cheesy about Out For Justice and what exactly is the meaning you apply to " cheesy " ?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
What's specifically cheesy about Out For Justice and what exactly is the meaning you apply to " cheesy " ?
Cliche'd cop/mafia dialogue, overt self-righteous indignation of main character, affected pirate wardrobe, B-list thug actors, using a puppy to show the Seagal's sensitive side, and lines like, "I'm getting too old for this ****". '

I'd rather watch 2 hours of him defending against random attackers.