Best Films of 2012

→ in
Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hmmm, so many people granted high notes to Holy Motors, but judging from the scenes I've seen on YouTube I wouldn't enjoy it. Looked pretty random and controversial. Any chance I might like it?

Hmmm, so many people granted high notes to Holy Motors, but judging from the scenes I've seen on YouTube I wouldn't enjoy it. Looked pretty random and controversial. Any chance I might like it?
Possibly, it's quite artistic and nothing like a conventional American film. It's something that needs to be watched as a piece of film, not a story or anything like that, there's no real story, but it's the experience that makes it so great, Lavant gives a mesmerizing performance as a man moving from one 'appointment' to the next (kind of the plot), it's about the various roles that people play, life, but much more than that. It also seems to have quite a bit to save about movies themselves. The strangest, most mesmerizing but pleasing film that I saw last year, you should definitely watch it.

From what I've seen, my favorites were Django Unchained and Dredd. The best was The Master.

I admit I need to see a lot more from 2012.

It takes years until the real gems produced each year are discovered and disseminated among film buffs. I didn't watch many 2012 films in 2012 and 2013 because I am watching all the classics right now.

These are the movies I saw from this year, ranked:

1. The Dark Knight Rises

2. The Hobbit

3. The Avengers

4. Wreck-it Ralph

5. Skyfall

6. Moonrise Kingdom

7. The Hunger Games

8. Life of Pi

9. Brave

10. Parental Guidance

11. The Lorax

12. Madagascar 3

13. Hotel Trannsylvania

I personally think that it is impossible for one person to say whether another person will like a movie or not. In fact, the only way for you to say wheter you like a film or not is to watch it.

My Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2012

1. Spring Breakers
  2. The Cabin in the Woods
  3. Avengers Assemble
  4. The Hunt
  5. The Rise
  6. Jack Reacher
  7. Looper
  8. The Hunger Games
  9. Savages
  10. Lawless