Why i'm genuinely considering boycotting The Hobbit

Tools    

Wow, misunderstand much?

My point was not the story behind McDonald's hot coffee (I don't give a crap about it to be honest), my point was that someone said they were less likely to be sued 20 years ago and I was reminding said person that it was just as possible, just not by the film company. Yeesh...
But wasn't Line's point that 20 years ago the studio wouldn't have bothered with piffling little stuff like this? Not that people didn't sue or sue frivolously. That's how I understood it, anyway.

Semper Fooey
I guess nobody bothered with my link. Boo-hoo. This isn't anything new, studios suing over this kind of stuff. Over twenty years ago Disney threatened to sue two small day care centers in Florida because they had Disney characters painted in front. Guess they never got wise to the house down two blocks from me that has them as well.

Nobody misunderstood you, just thought you might be interested in educating yourself a bit. Apparently not. Why don't you carry on in your ignorant life then.
Why educate myself on something that has nothing to do with what I was actually referring to? I was referring to the environment of our society at the time. Sorry I mentioned McDonalds specifically if it offends everyone, but it was just an example. I also mentioned how the term PC was really coming to the forefront of most people's minds at that time, but clearly that wasn't said erroneously so we can all just ignore I said it because it doesn't offer us a chance to look smart about something...

But wasn't Line's point that 20 years ago the studio wouldn't have bothered with piffling little stuff like this?
We don't know, they hadn't made the film.

Either way, I don't back down from my opinion that they should have more carefully considered the ramifications of naming their pub The Hobbit.

Semper Fooey
I don't eat at McDonalds because the food is terrible, not because it is a terrible organization. Even when you see the facts that was a stupid lawsuit. Use some common sense and don't try to drink hot coffee in the car.

You haven't seen the facts then Will.

Curious about what this Hot Coffee movie and any other McDonalds documentary (except Supersize Me - I've seen that) is saying without having to go watch it right away.

I guess nobody bothered with my link. Boo-hoo. This isn't anything new, studios suing over this kind of stuff. Over twenty years ago Disney threatened to sue two small day care centers in Florida because they had Disney characters painted in front. Guess they never got wise to the house down two blocks from me that has them as well.
Nope, I read it. I almost + repped you just for saying boycott Disney. I hate Mauschwitz.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I was reading in the news this morning that Ian McKellan (Gandalf) and Stephen Fry have stepped in and forced a climbdown of the Movie Comapny.

"The Hobbit" pub will be allowed to continue trading under it's name and will only have to pay a nominal £63 license fee, which Ian McKellan has offered to pay.

Small Businesses 1 Corporate scumbag lawyers 0

Reason and logic lose in the end.

This is a pretty disgusting incident happening to my local pub. It's one of the best pubs in the area with a fantastic atmosphere and drinks and will be a massive blow to see it closed. So please support across the pond.
I had to read the Hobbit when I was a kid, and I didn't like it then I hope it's better than the book!!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I fear after seeing Lord of the Rings we might be disappointed