The Rise and Fall of the United States of America

Tools    

https://fortune.com/2023/09/27/elon-...rget-rite-aid/

I agree with him. For too long now our country has been in a spiritual decline. Americans now seek distraction from reality more than ever. Material things no matter how large fills us only temporarily. Being "in love" with someone seems the greatest gift, yet divorce rate is skyrocketing. Alcohol and drug use grows faster than any business in the world. Being smart gains more respect now than being good for no reason, and yet our decline is evident.

This is natural. We lost our way years ago as as a nation because we are selfish, self centered, and turned our back on God, higher power, universe, etc... in our daily lives. We value money, our political party, and our feelings even moreso. Its an empty shallow substitute. Nothing fills that hole, and yet we keep going back to fill it. Plainly put we have no faith or trust in "God", so we take the reigns and now and are reaping what we sowed.

Im not better than anybody or anyone. Even saying this I know I'll fall into selfish patterns of behavior. Knowledge avails us nothing. Just like Rome in the end we've become soft (woke culture), greedy, selfish, I can go on and on... we're indifferent. It used to be our goal as men and women was to make a brighter future for our children. Now were just children.

How to flip the script on this would take a spiritual awakening on a nationwide scale, and in today's culture/media that just will not happen. Alot of times people respond "Well if you don't like this country then leave". That's not the solution because the problem is me. All I can do is stay and be the best person I possibly can be today, be of service to my fellow man, and willing to do the right thing for no reason whatsoever. This way "God" can work thru me and around me. Anything more than that, or expectations of such behavior just causes distance from God and my fellow man. There is a strength in humility. Our egos are killing us.

Plainly put we have no faith or trust in "God", so we take the reins and now and are reaping what we sowed.
Yikes, mixed metaphors there.

Why do you put God in quotations?

Do we presume you’re a regular churchgoer?