The Alienist

Tools    

"The Alienist is an upcoming American television drama event series based on the novel of the same name by Caleb Carr. The psychological thriller drama is set in 1896, when a series of gruesome murders of boy prostitutes has gripped New York City. Newly appointed top cop Teddy Roosevelt calls upon Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, a criminal psychologist – aka alienist – and newspaper illustrator John Moore to conduct the investigation in secret. Joining them in the probe is Sara Howard, a headstrong secretary at Police Headquarters." - Wikipedia

This might just do nobody any good.
Sure, this’ll do for a stylish procedural fix.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OMG the beginning of the trailer scared the sht out f me. Got me right in my witching hour!

I can't wait for this. The book was great. I hope it does it justice. There was also a follow-up book, Angel of Darkness, with the narration coming from someone else on the crime team. It was a nice switch, especially since it kept the core team together regardless. I kept hoping for Caleb Carr to do a third book but it hasn't happened so far. I hope they cover the two books with two seasons if it hits, and if Carr never writes a third one, they'll write their own third season.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This does look good. Nice and creepy.

It started last night!!! Watching the first episode.. so far so good..

Please don't cancel this series... they take all the good historical ones off..

I miss Ripper Street

Alas, I can’t watch this right now. Here’s hoping it turns up on Hulu or something soon.

How funny. I dont recall watching that trailer. Looks good!

Alas, I can’t watch this right now. Here’s hoping it turns up on Hulu or something soon.
Im not sure if its on Hulu.. for some reason mine wont connect...

I got it of Terrarium TV.

How funny. I dont recall watching that trailer. Looks good!
Daniel Bruhl and Luke Evans.. it better be good!

It’s got Cary Fukunaga behind it so expectations are high.

Daniel Bruhl and Luke Evans.. it better be good!
Bruhl is in the next Cloverfield.

Kind of surprised he hasn’t broken out, Brühl, I mean. Even after his fellow Basterds, Waltz and Fassbender, found success or after playing the best villain Marvel movies have had who isn’t Loki.

Kind of surprised he hasn’t broken out, Brühl, I mean. Even after his fellow Basterds, Waltz and Fassbender, found success or after playing the best villain Marvel movies have had who isn’t Loki.
I think he kind of did with "Rush"... have you seen that?

Oh, yeah. He was good in that. Thor too. I didn’t think that one made a big splash, though.

Oh, yeah. He was good in that. Thor too. I didn’t think that one made a big splash, though.
Saunch,

There are actors.. that if something has them in it.. you better bet your tush I will be watching it.. Bruhl and Evans in this case...

It’s got Cary Fukunaga behind it so expectations are high.
Has he done anything since TD?

Gee the scandinavian genes were strong there. I'd probably not pick him as japanese american.

There are actors.. that if something has them in it.. you better bet your tush I will be watching it.. Bruhl and Evans in this case...
Hey, I like Brühl too and Evans was awesome in High-Rise. I’ll watch this show as soon as I can.

Has he done anything since TD?
Beasts of No Nation on Netflix. It’s a powerful movie with two fantastic lead performances (Abraham Attah and Idris Elba). It’s heavy stuff so be cautious. I’d also recommend his Jane Eyre if you haven’t seen that yet. One of the more atmospheric films I’ve seen this decade. It turns positively phantasmagoric towards the end.

Oh, and he’s doing a show called Maniac next about an institutionalized man who delves into a deep fantasy world and features Emma Stone and Julia Garner as Elves.

It’ll be out later this year.