Song Tournament 2000

Tools    

These tournaments are more fun when people nominate crazy sh*t, so you should just nominate experimental stuff anyway.
You know what, in theory that's a terrific idea, and I have to confess, I get a little worried that people skim songs, and a lot of the songs I like require the full listen, the full haul through it. I know it can be breezier when popular songs get the nom because most people already know what's in store. For better or worse, it's become the norm within the last 15 or so years for every damn song to take about 3 minutes or more to reveal themselves. At least, the ones I dig on that are more modern and from this century.

But I will, believe me. As soon as I figure out how to do the math by reverse engineering a tournament, I'll probably try one out and I may call on you or SC, or Mojo to give me a hand if that's OK?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It's a sin to make a lady wait. . . but it's done and ready to go, sorry for time it took

ALL OF YOUR NOMS ARE LOCKED IN.

NO MORE CHANGES ALLOWED.

WE BEGIN MOMENTARILY.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	D.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	33338  

WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 180 SONGS!

ROUND 1, PART 1

I debated on whether I wanted to do this... and I really do wanna experiment with it. For the first time, IN JUST ROUND 1 ONLY, all of the matches will feature three song selections instead of just two. So you will have to pick one song out of each set of three that you want going forward. There may be one set at the very end that only has two songs, but until then, in round 1 only, the matches will feature three songs. Have fun listening.

1. Hollywood Swinging - Kool & the Gang vs. Kane Brown - Thunder in the Rain vs. The Beatles - Hey Bulldog

2. Leona Lewis "Better In Time" vs. Metallica - Ride the Lightning vs. Stone Sour - Through Glass

3. The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird vs. The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die vs. David Gray "The One I Love"

4. Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt vs. She's Strange - Cameo vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway

5. AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog vs. Eddie Money - Shakin' vs. Hasil Adkins - She Said

6. Savoy Brown-Tell Mama vs. America - Sister Golden Hair vs. Blue "Breathe Easy"

7. Michael Jackson-Starlight vs. Imagine Dragons - Believer vs. On Our Own - Bobby Brown

8. Linkin Park - Faint vs. Rolf Harris-Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport vs. Pink Floyd - The Nile Song

only 3 way match ?

Just in Round 1 only. Trying something new.

1. Hollywood Swinging - Kool & the Gang vs. Kane Brown - Thunder in the Rain vs. The Beatles - Hey Bulldog-Close with The Beatles.

2. Leona Lewis "Better In Time" vs. Metallica - Ride the Lightning vs. Stone Sour - Through Glass-I like the last one too.

3. The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird vs. The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die vs. David Gray "The One I Love"-Close with the first. That last one was awful.

4. Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt vs. She's Strange - Cameo vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway-Closest was last one; middle was ok.

5. AC/DC - Dog Eat Dog vs. Eddie Money - Shakin' vs. Hasil Adkins - She Said-Never cared for the second, and I enjoyed the last one.

6. Savoy Brown-Tell Mama vs. America - Sister Golden Hair vs. Blue "Breathe Easy"-I nominated Sister Golden Hair way back and love it just as much.

7. Michael Jackson-Starlight vs. Imagine Dragons - Believer vs. On Our Own - Bobby Brown-Easy call, Brown>>Jacko.

8. Linkin Park - Faint vs. Rolf Harris-Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport vs. Pink Floyd - The Nile Song-All good!

1. Hollywood Swinging - Kool & the Gang vs. Kane Brown - Thunder in the Rain vs. The Beatles - Hey Bulldog

2. Leona Lewis "Better In Time" vs. Metallica - Ride the Lightning vs. Stone Sour - Through Glass (great song)

3. The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird vs. The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die vs. David Gray "The One I Love"

4. Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt vs. She's Strange - Cameo vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway (Rammstein best song)

6. Savoy Brown-Tell Mama vs. America - Sister Golden Hair vs. Blue "Breathe Easy"

7. Michael Jackson-Starlight vs. Imagine Dragons - Believer vs. On Our Own - Bobby Brown

8. Linkin Park - Faint vs. Rolf Harris-Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport vs. Pink Floyd - The Nile Song

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
three-way? . . intriguing!

ROUND 1, PART 1

Been ages since I heard Hollywood Swinging and rather enjoyed Thunder in the Rain but will be going with an old time favorite that I rarely get to hear
2. Leona Lewis "Better In Time" vs. Metallica - Ride the Lightning vs. Stone Sour - Through Glass
First time hearing Leona; very reminiscent of Karyn White and Toni Braxton - very cool. The very DIFFICULT decision comes between Metallica and Stone Sour. This is my favorite Stone Sour that I love to sing along to and it d@mn near beat out on a classic, old time Metallica. . . until that opening bass drum went to work on so many great, and slightly dazed memories.
Holy crap! Visions of Peter from Family Guy listening to Surfin Bird. Loved this when I was a tot, and first time hearing Gray. Gonna go with a band I honestly didn't think had anything to them until I actually listened to one of their albums. Paint me impressed.
4. Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt vs. She's Strange - Cameo vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway
Rammstein sounds like a heavy metal Wagner - pretty wild. Going with the country boy with the Jerry Reed (Smokey& The Bandit) feel going on
Adkins be crazy! Always enjoy Eddie Money but my money is on old time AC/DC
Sister Golden Hair is one of those songs you thoroughly enjoy having play over and over in your head
Solid 80's dance tunes but going with the new blood in this one
8. Linkin Park - Faint vs. Rolf Harris-Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport vs. Pink Floyd -The Nile Song This link didn't work for me - found this: Pink Floyd - Nile Song

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

Let the night air cool you off