The relevancy of the Catholic Church

Tools    

No, in the old testament he endorses it all.
But wasn't the Old Testament was written (and, I believe, formalisd) centuries before Jesus was born. So he couldn't have endorsed it?

But wasn't the Old Testament was written (and, I believe, formalisd) centuries before Jesus was born. So he couldn't have endorsed it?
In most Christian sects it is said the Holy Ghost, Jesus, and God are all one. SO therefore Old and New is from the same prescriptive. But sects exist that say it's all separate, in which case you can make the argument, but it's practically the same God, IMO

It was incited by Monsieur Rileys facepalm.
That doesn't explain why you took a shot at Catholicism in the next post. That was unprovoked.

the Catholic Church is largely irrelevant on the subject of birth control
Can't believe it took you, like, nine posts to admit the initial statement was a massive exaggeration, but I'll take it. Thanks.

No I don't know what it's like to be a Christian.
Glad you admit this. So maybe stop telling Christians why they do the things they do, yeah? It's both condescending and inaccurate.

I was raised a Jew and hardly know what it's like to be Jewish. Man would be fine if we abandon morals based on religion, and instead based on constitutional law. In fact it'd be better.
Based on what, exactly? All the attempts to found a system of government around the rejection of religion have ended in bloodbaths. And I wonder if you appreciate the immensity of this claim, historically: that the thing we've been basing our morals in as far back as we have records is suddenly just discardable. And not just discardable, but obviously so! So stop what you're doing, everyone: a 15 year old kid on the Internet who admits to not understanding religion has totally figured out how to restructure society without it. I hope someone's writing this down.

There's also the simple problem that what you're proposing is fundamentally irrational. The idea of unalienable rights logically necessitates the invocation of a higher power. Otherwise, you're dealing with a purely pragmatic social contract. The founders understood this, even though adolescent skeptics almost never do.

No I said the love wasn't mutual, and that the church loves editing doctrine.
None of which contradicts or relates meaningfully to what we were discussing, which was the tendency of atheists to misrepresent the situation and then act shocked and confused when confronted by the actual history.

Let the pope explain it for me.
This response makes no sense: I asked you a question about your own words. The dodging is getting really transparent, guy.

Because we've moved on from that.
Interesting that you "move on" by pretending you never said it and admitting no error.

It's irrelevant what I think.
Stop messing around. If you want to ostensibly discuss serious topics, then give serious replies.

If I recall correctly it was to start the conversation on how Christianity provokes violence. If I recall
So you didn't pick a fight, even though you're now saying you deliberately wanted to start a conversation on Christianity provoking violence. Right.

They were there to lighten the mood, like Dexter asked.
I find them in poor taste, especially attached to posts where you're attacking the religion in question.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
As one who was raised within the sphere of Catholicism (christened and confirmed), I find myself more and more at odds with the Church's doctrines and ideas...I feel as though I can no longer appreciate the theology for it's metaphorical lessons...And the Church's vehement charge of diminution of people's responsibility for personal and social sin seems to not apply to the Church itself...funny that.