17 votes
X-Men: The Last Stand
62.22%
28 votes
Superman Returns
45 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Originally Posted by yellowjacket1
I respectfully disagree. X-Men 3 outclasses Superman Returns in every way that matters.
Everything you list here is suffered by X-Men to the Nth degree. X-men was one of the worst movies I have seen in a looooong time.

Originally Posted by gohansrage
Everything you list here is suffered by X-Men to the Nth degree. X-men was one of the worst movies I have seen in a looooong time.
Judging by the box office, it seems that most of America sides with me, however.

Not to mention this guy...

X-Men Last Stand =
Superman Returns =

Judging by the box office, it seems that most of America sides with me, however.

X-Men Last Stand =
Superman Returns =
Box Office proves nothing of quality to me. X3 came out first, and put a bad taste of superhero movies into everybody's mouth.

Roger Ebert has the worst possible rating system on the face of the planet. And how the hell could he give that garbage up anyway? Gah!

Your rating system is a bit "needy" also Gohan: nothing personal here but in your sig' you go from plague-like to good.....nothing in between?...like Chicken pox or V.D.?

WE COME IN PEACE AND WITH GOODWIL
Superman Wins! It Was A Better Looking Movie. X-men3 Was Little Over Rated - I Could Only Watch It Once, Whereas With Superman I Watched Many Times Over!

Originally Posted by 7thson
Your rating system is a bit "needy" also Gohan: nothing personal here but in your sig' you go from plague-like to good.....nothing in between?...like Chicken pox or V.D.?
It's better than good vs bad. Thumbs up or down. That's it. From one of the most knowledgable men reviewing movies today. Thumbs up. Thumbs down.

I thought it was clear that a 4 was less than a 6. A 1 less than a 3. The number systems are more of a category system. I guess ahve not made the system clear enough.

I absolutely loved both movies, but i had to give X-3 the big V. Super man was awesome, but it just didn't do anything for me. Yeah hes a classic super-hero, but thats all he was, and the movie wasn't really about anything.

X-Men had me on the edge of my seat, and after the credits made me go crazy for the next!

www.forumninja.com

X-Men Last Stand =
Superman Returns =
To be fair, X3 built on a CURRENT franchise, the first of which made way less than Superman Returns.

And Ebert gave Spawn 3 1/2 stars. Go figure.

I liked Superman returns better. The only thing I didn't really like about it was Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane. I thought she played the character well, but I just don't like the way she looked. She didn't look like Lois Lane to me.

I am 100% with yellowjacket1 on this. I was really surprised at how bad Superman was. The plot was convoluted and poorly explained, and there wasn’t a single arc that made me care about any of the characters. The casting was atrocious, on several levels. Why did they skew so young? The movie is supposed to be set years after Superman 2, but Lois looks like she’s around 22, guess what she has a 5 year old son and just won the Pulitzer Prize, so I guess she started working at the paper around the tender age of 14. Routh looks a little older, but not as old as I think Superman should look, but I am willing to deal with it since Superman might not age the same as humans in Bryan Singers vision of Superman. However I can’t deal with the wooden performance delivered by Routh.

Yes Routh physically fit the typical notion of Superman but he displayed no acting talent, I guess he has no idea how to construct a character. I have read reviews that said Routh was trying to imitate Christopher Reeve, I think that is entirely too generous, I would say that the performance he turned in is more equivalent to him imitating a high school drama student who’s imitating Christopher Reeve. The entire cast seemed fairly wooden, but there are several talented actors in the film so I think the dialog and lack of character development must have made it very difficult for the cast to get their hands around their respective roles. A perfect example of this is Parker Posey, she’s above average to excellent in her entire reel, but she does nothing in this movie, and I don’t think it’s her fault, the story just fails her and most of the other characters.

Overall Superman Returns has a very flat tone to it. It doesn’t have the dark, serious mood of X-Men, and doesn’t make use of humor or moments of levity like Spiderman does, it’s just sort of there for 2.5 hours. Who’s fault is it? Well it pains me to say this because I am a huge fan of his, but it seems like Bryan Singer dropped the ball on this one. The studio gave him free reign on this and threw money at him, so I can’t see how the blame can be passed onto anyone else. This was supposed to be a tent pole for Warner but after all the money they spent its performance is disappointing, and I can assure you that the budget for the sequel will only be in the $125m-$150m range.

On the other side of the coin you have X3, while the story wasn’t equal to that of the prior installments, it was clear and defined. There were production problems from the start, and don’t believe for a second that Singer left because he loves Superman so much, he left because Fox wasn’t letting him spend the money he wanted and Warner’s told him they would let him through money around. Then X3 goes through another director and finally ends up with Ratner. There’s an immediate backlash because most people love talking about what a hack Ratner is. Fox pulls the budget down once again, yet X3 turns out to be a fun movie that turns in a strong B.O. performance, and there’s enough public interest in the franchise to develop both Wolverine and Magneto spinoffs. And if anyone can tell me of a scene in Superman Returns that’s as cool as when Phoenix vaporizes DR. X I am all ears.

Even though I haven't seen X-Men 3, I would say X3 is a better movie.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Both sucked, but at least Superman Returns has no illusions of being anything but a kid's movie.
X3 is a franchise killer, thankfully the spin off movies will give the studios even more chances to really screw things up. Brett Ratner was never going to make a decent movie, I would have liked to have seen what Mathew Vaughn would have done with the film, but hey-ho.
Superman dissapointed me greatly, especially as Bryan Singer directed it, definetly his worst film to date, and even Kevin Spacey was pants!
Oh well, bring on the next onslaught of sub standard comic book adapts, Ghost Rider looks pretty pants, maybe Spiderman 3 can save the day, the trailer looks decent!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Franchise killer? I don’t know what you mean by that, but in no way is the XMen franchise dead after The Last Stand. In fact the exact opposite is true, the Last Stand’s numbers have forced Fox into developing an X4, after several key folks at Fox weren’t even interested in doing X3. The producers have all ready signed some talent and are currently trying to lock up more talent, which shows they are fairly serious. As of right now X4 is behind the Wolverine and Magneto spin offs in the development pipeline but that could change. Fox recently also added a young Magneto spin off to it’s development roster but I doubt that’s going to make it to production any time in the near future.

So while many people may not have had much love for X3, it’s proved that it’s still an economically viable franchise and that matters more to the studios than anything else.

Superman, X-Men was way to slow for me.

dont wanna say it, because it was good seeing sups back again but the film was to straight forward, its like i remember every scene and some was kinda boring, X-3 is the kinda film i can watch over and over again.